Quick question about the 24 TV series
Oct 7, 2006 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

saint.panda

Headphoneus Supremus
Can I start watching it anywhere, e.g. with the new season, or do I need to start with the 1st season? Thanks.

Oct 7, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 8
I came in right in the middle of season 3, watched 4 &5, and then went back and watched season 2. I have yet to watch season 1.

Oct 7, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 8
You can start with any season, just dont start anywhere but episode 1 of that season.

That being said, there is a lot of character development in the first and second season...so it would probably be more enjoyable to start there. Also, there are throwback references and jokes.

But as far as understanding the series, you can start with ep. 1 of any season

Scott

Oct 7, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks guys.

Oct 7, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #6 of 8
Some seasons do seem to stand alone better than others; keep in mind that almost every season is met with the death of just about any character, so you may be missing some nice character development if you miss an entire season. Another thing: never loan your 24 DVDs to anyone, whether it is the FEXGF's friends, your friends, or whoever. THEY NEVER RETURN!!!
eek.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Some seasons do seem to stand alone better than others; keep in mind that almost every season is met with the death of just about any character, so you may be missing some nice character development if you miss an entire season. Another thing: never loan your 24 DVDs to anyone, whether it is the FEXGF's friends, your friends, or whoever. THEY NEVER RETURN!!!
eek.gif

This seems to be true for season 5 judging from the spoilers I've read. Its like watching Alien3 before the first two

Oct 8, 2006 at 8:08 AM Post #8 of 8
You can watch them on their own, but if you want to get what 24 is about I highly recommend Day 1. That first season had me really glued to my couch, watched it literally in almost realtime. Started on Saturday afternoon, finished Sunday evening...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back