Quick question about audio quality when purchasing from iTunes.
Oct 1, 2006 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

SlackerClerk107

Head-Fier
I couldn't find my answer anywhere, so I figured I'd ask here. What is the quality of downloads from the iTunes store, is it CD quality or is it of lower quality? I figure it'd probably be CD quality, but I'm not 100% positive.

Oct 1, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 14
Music from itunes music store is only 128kbs protected aac which is far from cd quality. For some it's just fine, for others it leaves much to be desired. I'd refrain from buying anything from iTunes music store. All the music purchased from there has drm. You'll be paying as much or more money for lower quality files that restrict how you can use them. At this point buying cd's is still the way to go.

Oct 1, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 14
Well that sucks for Apple, they just lost any potential business from me. I was thinking about buying a CD just so I wouldn't have to go to the store, but I guess I'll get dressed and be on my way.

Oct 1, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 14
I'll say this, I've utilized iTunes to sample new stuff..i.e., by buying just a couple of tracks from an artist that I believe I might like. One can then purchase the CD and rip to one's tastes.

Oct 1, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6
Listen to Digitalbath3737 and not iTunes downloaded music.

ps: I am a big fan of the iPod and Apple Computers.

Yep
smily_headphones1.gif
There's nothing wrong with iPods or Apple Computers... i love my nano...and itunes is hands down the best way to organize music....drm just sucks! no matter where it comes from!. Plus I can't stand low quality music

Oct 2, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 14
SlackerClerk107 says:
Quote:

What exactly does drm mean?

The first Google post for "drm" is: Digital Rights Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

COME ON!
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

SlackerClerk107 says:

The first Google post for "drm" is: Digital Rights Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

COME ON!
biggrin.gif

Well, the OP is a slacker after all...
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #10 of 14
AtheisticFreedom say:
Quote:

Well, the OP is a slacker after all...

LOL

If he was a true slacker, the "drm" and return in Google would be easier than "What exactly does drm mean?" I true slaker would always take the 4 key strokes over the 23 key strokes it took to post his question.

He's not even a very good slacker.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackerClerk107
I couldn't find my answer anywhere, so I figured I'd ask here. What is the quality of downloads from the iTunes store, is it CD quality or is it of lower quality? I figure it'd probably be CD quality, but I'm not 100% positive.

I would not buy from itunes unless it's just one song you want. It is not cd quality at all. SOME people don't mind the sound but I'd rather buy a hard copy than mess with drm.

Oct 2, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

AtheisticFreedom say:

LOL

If he was a true slacker, the "drm" and return in Google would be easier than "What exactly does drm mean?" I true slaker would always take the 4 key strokes over the 23 key strokes it took to post his question.

He's not even a very good slacker.
very_evil_smiley.gif

tongue.gif

I'm busted. I slack at being a slacker even.

Thanks for clearing everything up for me guys, helpful as usual.

Oct 3, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by OGTL
You're way better off buying CD's and ripping them, the unreasonable rate of $1 per song can make a large album cost $20 or more.

Actually to clear that up... If you buy the whole album it's $9.99 (in like 99% of the cases) You only pay .99 cents for single songs.

It's still a rip off cause I get my cd's for like $8.99 used and I can rip them in whatever quality I want and use them on any player...No way would I spend a buck for lower quality and restrictions out the ###!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back