Quick question about A500 and AudioCubes
Dec 25, 2004 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Audio18

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys,

just wondering, will they cost me an extra 10 or so on shipping because it is coming in imported from japan? or would the shipping be just like if i was ordering from a local store? thanks!

Dec 25, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 11
I think the shipping would be under $10 total, but don't quote me on that. The thing is, good luck finding the A500 in a local store, and if you do, the price will be quite a bit higher.

People bash audiocubes at times for their shoddy packaging and occasionally delayed shipping, but they really are the only alternative if you want to get certain brands - like Stax and Audio-Technica - for cheap (well, there's also EIFL, but I know nothing about them).

Dec 26, 2004 at 3:05 AM Post #5 of 11
I can't really say because I've never tried the Bose or the Senns, in fact I've never tried anything really high end in comparison. But I know that most will say Bose stink. Those Senns are lower end I think so they're not that wonderful I bet, but take that with a grain of salt since I don't know at all. I think you'll be satisfied with the A500s though.

Just a heads up, musiciansfriend.com has the a500s for 150 and the a900s for about 250. I know it doesn't beat audiocubes but if you want a reliable and domestic etailer then that would probably be your best bet.

Dec 26, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #6 of 11
No comment on the a500s but I will say I just got my A900s from AudioCubes and everything was fine. SSure the packing wasnt superb, but they got here in one piece for 195, and I have always had a very positive experience with them the 5 or so times I have ordered various prodducts through them

Dec 26, 2004 at 10:21 AM Post #7 of 11
Oh god... the Triports. Yes, there was a time when I thought they were good. Well... the A500 should be quite a bit better. The Triports don't know the meaning of the word "soundstage," but the A500's do quite well there. They're a well-rounded, slightly warm and musical sounding headphone, with a somewhat unnaturally wide soundstage, very deep bass that isn't overpowering on it's own, but which can be amplified to basshead levels with EQ, very good, musical mids, though slightly recessed, and a fairly well controlled treble. They're not quite as detailed as most $200+ headphones, but they give 80% of the performance at 55% of the price, which is what makes them so excellent a bargain. They're also really versatile, very comfortable, can be driven out of just about anything, and isolate fairly well, so they're useful in noisy environments. You'll definitely enjoy these.

Dec 26, 2004 at 1:11 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio18
EDIT - How would you compare them against the Bose Triports and Senn HD-497?

The Bose Triports are terrible. Stay away from them by all means.
tongue.gif

The HD-497 are quite nice for a sub $70 headphone, but it can not compare with the A500.
biggrin.gif
The A500 is probably the best valued headphone around $100 other than the MS-1.

Dec 27, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #9 of 11
Well shoddy packaging and shoddy packaging. I think it's just that some head-fiers are going to be impossible customers to please. The types that expect 5.00 overnight shipping, and for their knew babies to be padded in between two pillows in a wooden box.
wink.gif

They wrap the headphone box in bubble wrap, and then put the box in an EMS bag.

The shipping for A500's to Finland from Japan was roughly 10 bucks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #10 of 11
I ordered mine 900s a month ago, from AC. It took them 4 days to get it to Israel. The authorities in Israel held it for a week and a half because of tax problems, AC were very nice to me and helped me with this. A very good costumer service they have.

Dec 27, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #11 of 11
If I recall correctly, EMS came in boxes. However I still see bags being used for shipping purposes? Why? Also if I recall correctly boxes are same price as bags for EMS! Correct me if I am wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back