Quick question: 3.5mm plug
Sep 18, 2006 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

veggz

New Head-Fier
Recommend a good one? I'm looking for one to connect my Klipsch iFi's to my soundcard (i.e. male to male). Does Monster make one like this? Does quality matter?

Sep 19, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by veggz
Recommend a good one? I'm looking for one to connect my Klipsch iFi's to my soundcard (i.e. male to male). Does Monster make one like this? Does quality matter?

They probably do. But most people on here will reccomend you stay away from Monster cables as they are terribley over-priced. Just a simple cable from Best Buy (AR branded stuff is OK) or a DIY one will work fine. I wouldn't suggest you buy anything extravagant.

Sep 19, 2006 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Since Best Buy typically doesn't carry cheap cables, try Radio Shack and Walmart (Philips brand), too. Radio Shack will certainly have one, Walmart sometimes will.

If you want a nicer one, you're probably best off checking folks here that make cables themselves.

Monster isn't snake oil, they're just not worth the price by a mile. This is part of how they've kept in business so long retail: you're not getting something made unbelievably bad, it's just made much different than the $6 cable nearby, except for having tougher connectors and a tougher sleeve--and for that it's $30+.

Sep 19, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Am I missing something? Didn't the OP ask for a plug?

Yes, the Samsung DV850 is a good DVD player.

Sep 19, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 6
Kind of, he asked for a male-male, which is actually asking for a cable; so we assume he doesn't know quite what he's asking for (IE, wants a cable, but can't think of what to call it), or has english as a second language. For one thing, if he knows he wants it to be male-male, and the soundcard has a plug, then he doesn't need a plug--that part's done, already. Rather, he needs something to plug into that or those plugs.

Sep 19, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, I'm not sure if he wants a plug or a wire... but I want a jack. I see lotsa places to get high-quality 3.5mm plugs to put on the end of cables... but I can't find the corresponding high-quality 3.5mm jacks that go on the end of cables (for an extension). I don't want 1/4" (so don't suggest that), I want 3.5mm. I've asked several places, nobody responds. Does anyone here know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back