Quick observations: Sensa 2X-S & SR-71
Feb 12, 2005 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Spaghetti

100+ Head-Fier
I am not the experienced audophile that some of you are, but here are a few of my quick observations:

First off, going from the Shure E1, NO COMPARISON! And of course there shouldn't be! I am hearing all kinds of new things in my music. All I can say is wow. There is not much I can say that hasn't been said already, so I will leave it at that.

Ok, so how do the 2X-S sound with the SR-71/Sik/Earcandy in comparison to straight out of the head phone jack? Better, no matter what the codec or bitrate used (most of my music is ripped in AAC in the 300s). However, I find the difference hard to describe in words. Adding the SR-71 brings out more detail and more texture. You feel the rasp when it is in the voice VS a clean voice. The distinction between a picked run, hammers, and pull-offs on the lead guitar is even more pronouced. Bass becomes tightened. Overall, the best way to describe it is that sound is much more "musical", even though it might seem cliche to say it that way.

I can say that I couldn't be happier with my purchase so far. I have a pair of Grado 125's around, and my gf has Shure E2. I hope to make some comparisons with/with-out the amp in the next few days, if I can pry my Sensas out of my ears.
smily_headphones1.gif
I also have a cheap mini to mini around someplace that I would like to compare to the Earcandy cord.

Anyhow, I hope that helps some of you that are thinking of your next purchase. If I can answer any questions let me know!

Feb 12, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #2 of 3
One other thing, I have the break away cord not the teflon. So far I have been sitting at home listening, not walking around, but I haven't noticed a real weight difference when compared to the E1. I know some people were concerned about that.

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 3
agree. now that I am spoiled with the better quality 2xs+SR-71 the extra weight/bulk is a minor burden compared to the enhanced audio.

Guessing only way to top is to ad a portable DAC but slim pickens and they add alot more bulk/weight, and since already pleased with portable performance guess I will settle for now.(Hint want a light weight DAC for iRIVER). I run the iRIVER thru home DACs with good results, while below a good transport not so far considering portability.

Welcome to team near bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back