Quick iPod question
Apr 16, 2003 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NewSc2

500+ Head-Fier
iPod owners:

When I charge the battery fully through the AC and then plug the iPod into my firewire port, the iPod shows that it's still charging (and will continue to charge for a couple hours). Does this happen to anybody else?

My only thought is that the Firewire port is much less powered than the AC out. Recharging my iPod's battery through the AC usually takes about 1-2 hours after listening to it through a day, but it takes significantly longer through my computer.

Apr 16, 2003 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by NewSc2
Recharging my iPod's battery through the AC usually takes about 1-2 hours after listening to it through a day, but it takes significantly longer through my computer.

This may have to do with the fact that the hard disk spins while connected to the computer (regardless of disk-mode as far as I know) and the disk use, as you know, uses battery power.

The real question is if the power goes through the battery while it is charging, or if the input power bypasses the battery and goes straight to the iPod "guts" for lack of a better term.

If this is the case, I think the lower power from the FW port may be a culprit, however it gives 15 watts of power, so I am led to believe that the disk use is the cause of the charge delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back