Quick iMP-400 remote question.
Nov 5, 2003 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JiPi

500+ Head-Fier
Anybody know if the iMP-400 remote is compatible with iMP-350?

I tried a search but .. well, I wasn't patient enough I guess.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 5, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 7
why didnt you ask me. the answer is yes, it even said it at iriveramerica.com. i do recommend that remote, its nicer than the imp350. its $10 more expensive though.

and to the above question, yes i notice it look like a toilet seat but the cranberry version look so sexy. i wonder if it the sound quality for it worth the money, i'd like to own one some day.

Nov 5, 2003 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 7
Damn. Hmm, now I'm torn between a cheap iMP-350 with a iMP-400 remote, and a iMP-550.

What to do?

Quote:

(including a mortified sounding "Really? You think it looks like a Toilet Seat?"
evil_smiley.gif

HAH. Exactly why I don't want an iMP-400. Just its remote. Plus I think it looks, well, not sturdy.
That and oil/scratches will probably gather on its cover faster than (insert faster than *fast thing*
expression here, not feeling creative right now).

Nov 7, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 7
Will the iMP-400 remote work with the newer iMP-550 Player?

Just wondering since it looks like a better made unit and doesn't have the headphone jack probs of the newer 550. If is works without sacrificing any of the better features of the 550 I might try the swap.

Anyone else attempted it?

Nov 7, 2003 at 6:06 AM Post #6 of 7
sorry but the imp400 remote will not work with the imp550. i've read this at the forum. at iriveramerica.com stated: "Please note this remote will not work with other SlimX models, it is only compatible with the SlimX 550." nevertheless, i'm going to let that sony mz-n10 go for now and buy a red imp400 like....tomorrow.

Nov 7, 2003 at 7:15 AM Post #7 of 7
Umm... terrymx... you have me a bit confused?
confused.gif

I know the 550's remote is exclusive to it's model player but the SlimX 400's remote is known to be compatible with it's predecessor, the SlimX 350 CD player as well. I was wondering and hoping that it might also possibly work with the SlimX 550 player which succeeded it. I personally like the look and feel of the remote that comes with the iMP-400, besides the fact that the headphone jack will fit any plug without a prob as opposed to the newer, supposedly more sleeker iMP-550's remote.

So are you positive the 400 remote cannot be used with the 550 player?
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back