QUICK HELP PLEASE... emu 0404
Aug 8, 2004 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 12
Assuming you're plugging your headphones in directly, you'd want a stereo (1/4" or mini depending on your headphone plug) => dual 1/4'" mono adapter, and plug the 1/4" mono plugs into the analog outs of the card, and the plug the headphone into the stereo jack of the adapter.

Aug 8, 2004 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 12
The outputs on the EMU 0404 are two 1/4" mono jacks, one for the Left output and one for the Right. To connect an amp you could use two mono 1/4" to RCA adapters and standard RCA cables. To connect it directly to the headphones you could use two 1/4" to RCA adapters (linked above) with this RCA to stereo 1/4" (and a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter if your headphones terminate to a 1/8" plug).

Aug 10, 2004 at 5:37 AM Post #5 of 12
thank you for your suggestions.
I went to the radio shack today because i didn't want the hassle of shipping, but they didn't have all the parts you listed. What I got won't work (i got a mono > 2 mono).

I'm trying to save some money and the suggestion seems like it can be simplified. Is this the shortest connection route... there's no stereo 1/8" > 2 mono 1/4"?

again thanks

Aug 10, 2004 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssingh0
thank you for your suggestions.
I went to the radio shack today because i didn't want the hassle of shipping, but they didn't have all the parts you listed. What I got won't work (i got a mono > 2 mono).

I'm trying to save some money and the suggestion seems like it can be simplified. Is this the shortest connection route... there's no stereo 1/8" > 2 mono 1/4"?

again thanks

I'm pretty sure there isn't. I've looked everywhere for one and the cables I linked above are about as close as I've come. You could also commission a Head-Fi'er to make a special DIY cable that goes directly from 2 mono 1/4" to streo 1/8", but would take a while to make and ship.

Aug 10, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #8 of 12
You don't.
wink.gif
There are two mono outputs.

Aug 10, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
You don't.
wink.gif
There are two mono outputs.

To clarify: there are two mono outputs. One for the left channel and one for the right channel.

Aug 11, 2004 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssingh0
I've spent ~$30 on adapters! That's half the price for a Headsave Vibe amp!!

i don't know what to say.

I do...

Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back