Quick Foobar question
Mar 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

fishski13

Member of the Trade: SolderWorksAudio
i'm ripping via EAC and importing the files to Foobar. how can i get the Artist/Genre/Album to populate with info for easy searching using the default Colums UI? scrolling though the NG Playlist is a bit of a PITA.

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by khaos974 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use Panel UI

i don't think Panel UI is compatible with the latest Foobar version.

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 10
Panels UI stops at 9.5.2.

Is your question related to tagging? Once files are tagged properly, everything is recognized/searched very effectively.

If you want to tag a complete album- right click-tagging-freedb or manually.

I set up EAC to rip with all the correct info, so once I import to Foobar, I'm ready to go.

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 10
columns ui works a treat, pretty much the unofficial followup.
it's easy to set up so you have a set of filters (date/genre/artist/album/whatever else), and two playlists, one for what you're currently playing, and another for what you have selected. as long as your tags are right, of course.

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatFan12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Panels UI stops at 9.5.2.

Is your question related to tagging? Once files are tagged properly, everything is recognized/searched very effectively.

If you want to tag a complete album- right click-tagging-freedb or manually.

I set up EAC to rip with all the correct info, so once I import to Foobar, I'm ready to go.

yup. i set up EAC per the instructions here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ea...torial-402765/.

under Preferences/Tools, i get no "Tagging" sub-folder to right click on. how do i set up EAC to tag properly?

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishski13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup. i set up EAC per the instructions here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ea...torial-402765/.

under Preferences/Tools, i get no "Tagging" sub-folder to right click on.

You don't have to go under preferences. In your library you right click an album, song etc. A lot of options when you right click on a song or entire album.

See if it works...I'll try some screenshots if not...

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatFan12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't have to go under preferences. In your library you right click an album, song etc. A lot of options when you right click on a song or entire album.

See if it works...I'll try some screenshots if not...

i think i got it! i was adding music folders via File/Open Folder. now that i am adding via the library, the album/artist/genre panels are populated.

THANKS!!!!

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishski13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think i got it! i was adding music folders via File/Open Folder. now that i am adding via the library, the album/artist/genre panels are populated.

THANKS!!!!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back