Quick early impressions of Q Jays from Ety 4-P user
Apr 17, 2008 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Robster1958

100+ Head-Fier
smily_headphones1.gif
i finally got the black Q Jays......just as the Sleeks are getting raves!

Anyhow, I am using the Q Jays with the Ety tri-flanges, because i know they fit me well, and i didn't want to take the time to try all the Jays included tips. The pre-fitted ones (i think small) didn't fit snugly enough, and I almost freaked out from the lack of bass.

Source is iPod Touch with 256k vbr mostly, some 128k iTunes, various genres. EQ off for Q Jays, and at R&B for Ety's.

Short opinion..and of course mine only, as compared to the Ety's:

Better bass, better bass, better bass. Did i say better bass?

Better soundstage. (I believe this opinion is a minority view).

Treble a touch harsher on Q Jays, but only when i really a/b. Not something I really notice when not "auditioning." I was surprised, but I found mid/high detail to be equal between the two.

The Q Jays actually reminded me of when using the Ety's with an amp. As an aside, amping the Q Jays did nothing, imo.

Comfort: Q Jays win easily due to size.
Style: With included tips, Q Jays look pretty hi-tech cool. with the tri-flanges, they look like the Ety's....you know...earplugs!
Microphonics: much less with the Jays, but my Ety's have the old style rubberized cable.

Obviously the source and EQ settings, not to mention my own biases and hearing ability, will make render this review highly subjective....but there you have it.

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.... Are they as detailed as the ER4's?

They are super detail, and some what harsh on treble area compare to ER-4p due to emphasis on treble area.

I wrote the comparison review for ER4-P vs q-Jays vs SA6s so if anyone want MHO.

I use q-Jays with Sansa Clip 4GB, best gym rig ever.

They are very well matched since Sansa Clip is little warm player IMO, cold and analytic charateristic of q-Jays are dream
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyEnergizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are super detail, and some what harsh on treble area compare to ER-4p due to emphasis on treble area.

I wrote the comparison review for ER4-P vs q-Jays vs SA6s so if anyone want MHO.

I use q-Jays with Sansa Clip 4GB, best gym rig ever.

They are very well matched since Sansa Clip is little warm player IMO, cold and analytic charateristic of q-Jays are dream
biggrin.gif

thanks for your input.. not i'm stuck deciding on a

pk2/3
q-jay's
Re2

ahh the choices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back