Quick Decision! Senn HD598 vs ATH-AD900 vs Fischer FA-011
Feb 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Captain Cranium

New Head-Fier
Looking to get a set up cans mainly for gaming and movie watching (late night surround sound) and some music listening and have narrowed it to these 3 since the Fischer Audios (the newer light wood version) are avaliable again through Frogbeats.

Looking for large soundstage and positioning for gaming (and movies).  This is a must.

Good bass but not overpowering (I am not a bass head but do like some quality punch)

Good up front midrange or just slightly recessed

Sparkly treble but not soo sibilant where it hurts my ears

Price doesn't matter between the three as I know the Fischer FA-011 is the cheaper of the 3 but if the Senn's or Audio Technica's are that much better, won't mind paying the difference.  I just want a good pair of "fun" headphones that will bring surround and sound come alive in movies and games, and if I can get some good sound for music even better.

Running a Soundblaster Titanium HD in the comp for gaming and music and Dolby Headphone from AV receiver for Blu Ray movie watching.  I have settled on these three so please fire away as i am looking to make my decision by this weekend. 

Thanks in advanced! 

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 5
I wouldnt get the AD900 if you want good bass or non sparkly treble, as to me ad900 has both of those while sounding somewhat metallic.. I havent heard the other 2 though so Im not sure which of the other 2 is better

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Anymore thoughts on the Q701's??....i ended up holding off and doing some more research.  It seems like everyone is saying that to get the full sound from the Q701, you will need some type of amp.  Since I only have a Titanium HD card in my comp, would that do it justice?  Same with the Senn 598?  Anyone with experience with both of these and could you compare the two sounds?  LASTLY, are they that much better than the Fischer Audio FA-011?  Meaning are they $100 that much better as that is around what the price difference is....the LFF review on the Fischers gushed pretty hard core on the Fischers and now that they have a new revision out (light wood color) with supposedly better pads i am hesitant.  But like i said, if the others $100 or so more price difference are that much more in quality sound and large soundstage, i wouldn't mind paying it.  Really stuck and hoping for more opinions.

MalVeauX, you introduced me to the Panny RP-HTF600 in another thread so I really value your opinion and they are my very first pair of decent headphone and sound good so now of course after listening to them i have been "bitten" and want more, more, more as most of you can probably attest too.  But just like last time, right when I was about to pull the trigger on one of those 3, you throw in a curveball at the last minute (Q701's) and have me thinking again!!  haha!....  Any more opinions on those cans listed in the thread with the now Q701's included?  Especially anyone with Fischer Audio FA-011 experience compared to the others on large soundstage, etc like what is in the first thread i posted....my price range right now is pretty much those i listed in this thread so please keep that in mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back