Quick decision: nex PX100's or something else?
Jun 16, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #16 of 30
I tried PX200 back when I bought the PX100. IMO they are awful and the fit is bad

Jun 16, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #18 of 30
I have now used PX100 for a few days with my iPod Nano while I'm at work. The combination sounds ok but it's quite bass heavy for my taste. That's really a problem because now my home rig sounds bass light. I have KSC75's on the way so let's see if they have more balanced sound.

Any other suggestions? It's easy to test all these portable headphones because they usually cost like nothing (KSC75 goes for a measly 15EUR).

Note: My PX100 is over three years old and definitely the older version. IIRC PX100 was updated some time ago(?)

Jun 16, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Note: My PX100 is over three years old and definitely the older version. IIRC PX100 was updated some time ago(?)

Do you know what was changed and when?

Jun 17, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you think the px100 is bassheavy, I think you might think the same thing of the ksc75.

My KSC75 arrived today.

They sound totally different from PX100. Not bass heavy at all. Very good actually. Much more balanced sound with more sparkle in high end. All the details are easier to hear with KSC75. My only problem with them is the fit. They won't stay on my ears on the go. I think I prefer portable headphones with a headband.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esbenm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know what was changed and when?

No I don't. I just remember that here was some discussion about it some time ago (about a year maybe).

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #23 of 30
get a cheap headband for the ksc75.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #24 of 30
koss portapro!!! wooooooohooooooo!

Jul 5, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #25 of 30
px100s are a good choice. they sometimes mask too much treble detail compared to the ksc75 but they have heavier, more extended bass. overall the px100s are significantly warmer than the ksc75s. i feel the ksc75s are more neutral and have a more airy sound though.

also filli mentioned that the ksc75's are just as bass-heavy as px100s. i feel that's quite inaccurate, the px100s are clearly warmer and bassier than the ksc's. the difference is immediately noticeable.

Jul 6, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #26 of 30
I owned the older px100 model and loved them. I recently gave the to my dad and want to buy new ones. I never had anything bad to say about them. The one thing I am wondering for myself is, when they re designed them, did they change anything but the color of them? That is the only difference I can tell has been made, but are there other differences? Does anybody know?

Jul 6, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #27 of 30
After starting this thread I got a new pair of PX100. They sound just as good if not better (!) thank the old pair I had before they broke.

The colour is defenitely changed, not as pure grey anymore, it has some brown-bluish colour (can't define it) blended in. But it still looks nice and I suspect it will change after some sun exposure outside.

I actually got the white pair first (present), they are hideously ugly, but I was lucky to be able to change them. Why this glaring plasticky pop-white is popular is beyond me.

Jul 6, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
px200 doesn't sound anywhere as good as the px100 that's why I believe.

Closed and muddy.

I had PX200s in white (yeah, I'm an iPod whore
biggrin.gif
) and they were anything but muddy to my ears. I used them for when I wanted clarity and not too much bass at home in bed. I couldn't have them too loud on my iPod though, as I found they became harsh the louder it got. As a portable 'phone I thought they were ideal. Sadly they were stolen in a house burglary last December.
mad.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by adion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you didn't shell out $80 for them like I did yesterday. I must be an idiot. And Circuit City must be jerks. But I do like the PX 100.

I got them as a present but they are 60$ or so in Denmark (electronics are expensive here). Be careful if you get them off ebay, a lot of fakes around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back