quick answer please...cowon D2 or iriver clix2
Jun 21, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the Zune 80 to the D2, for its greater warmth and wider soundstage. The D2 is a great sounding player, and it's actually tweakable, while the Zune isn't.

this is actually a bonus for me, the D2 is said to be cold and analytical sounding, which should pair up well with the warm bass heavy se530, the match should in theory balance the sound out and make a good clean flat sound.

like you said the zune is warmer and i do like a warm sound but in the end i think the headphones are more important than the source and up to now ive enjoyed a warm unbalanced sound from my 5.5g ipod, hence the switch to the (apparently) more accurate D2

Jun 22, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 31
Just my 2 cents - I've had 3 iRivers and I loved every one of them. Of course, when I wanted to look at a flash-based player, the Clix2 was at the top of my list. The lack of SD and SDHC slot was a big turn-off. I tried the Creative Zen due to the huge storage and expandable slot but the SQ was awful. I ended up with the Cowon D2 and couldn't be more pleased. Enjoy it!

Jun 22, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #19 of 31
you'll love your d2. i love mine although, i recently bought a sony a818 because the price was good so might be putting the d2 up for sale since i've wanted the a818 for a loooonnggg time
tongue.gif

but aside from that, the d2 is a great player. i really enjoy it and the gui is great. touch screen is very responsive and it's very easy to customize also. if you decide to go with a screen protector, i recommend a boxwave crystal clear screen, can't even tell i have one on.

Jun 23, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #20 of 31
iRiver E10 > clix2 >> Cowon D2. Withe the clix2 you are actually limited to mp3/wma formats due to corrupted ogg playback. ogg Vorbis from the E10 sound crystal clear, and q8~q10 is yet above mp3/wma 320kb/s quality level. Cowon D2 supports FLAC but it doesn't even sound equally good to what you get from the clix2 loaded with 320kb/s mp3's.

Jun 23, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #21 of 31
Honestly, I doubt many of the folks commenting here, telling you that you made either the right or wrong decision, have actually owned both. Take it all with a grain of salt, though I doubt any of our opinions will matter once you get your D2 - it's one amazing flash player. I know I loved mine (Zuner now!
biggrin.gif
).

Enjoy your purchase!

Jun 23, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #22 of 31
OK guys i have recieved the D2 and as many would predict, im astonished, up till now i thought the ipod 5.5g sounded really good and precise...gosh was i wrong, its not terrible but the D2 just seems quicker, sharper, punchier and for whatever reason even at 256kbs VBR OGG the D2 seems to reveal more detail in my music than my ipod did at lossless rate!

the ipod just seems grainy but muddy, the bass on the D2 seems much more accurate and punchy. the highs are precise (even with my se530's) and im quite suprised the se530 could achieve such tight highs.

i have only listened for one day, but im very pleased with the quality of the player and the sound. its also worth pointing out that the EQ features seem all useful and actually have a good impact on the sound unlike the distorted mess the ipod produces if you demand more bass. The BBE software is known to be pretty good and so far i like it, im not an EQ person but i may become one.

anyway, these are just my brief impressions. and im glad i made the D2 choice, wether its better than the clix2 or anything else i dont know...but to be honest i dont really care because as far as sound quality goes it blows my ipod back a few years and thats a good buy if you ask me.

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #23 of 31
Congratulations; you've got a lot of great listening ahead of you. Also, go download the newest firmware (and keep watching for new firmware releases.)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trastan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations; you've got a lot of great listening ahead of you. Also, go download the newest firmware (and keep watching for new firmware releases.)
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for that friend, just one question, ive recently put a couple hundred tracks on the device, will updating it wipe those off because im enjoying the music too much to start over
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #26 of 31
Yes, it will. So be sure to make sure you have a copy on your computer, or make a backup.

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it will. So be sure to make sure you have a copy on your computer, or make a backup.

thanks for that
redface.gif
i was seconds away from updating aswell. ill wait for my 8gb SD to arrive first before i update

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it's just that the top part is intentionally made "loose" so that you can click it... it's actually very secure. I've heard of case on ClixHere that people have dropped it from 6 feet with no problems
biggrin.gif
So durability is definetely not an issue with the Clix2.

Well, it certainly was with mine. I only had mine for a couple weeks before it broke down. I hadn't personally damaged it physically and there were no marks of damage on it either. However, I can't be sure it hadn't received any abuse in my luggage. Anyhow, what happened was that the "upper edge" didn't click any more and it was functioning as if it was pressed down all the time.

The player's at the service center now. We shall see what they have to say about it.

Jun 29, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #29 of 31
Well, I've had mine for about over a year now, and no problems. It really helps if you have a leather or silicon cover to protect the player, particularly its screen and buttons.

Jun 29, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #30 of 31
Ya... mine's been fine for the year that I've had it and I've been pretty rough with it... a school environment is quite intolerant of electronics, plenty of opportunities to bump, dent, drop your DAP, and my Clix2 has endured all of those coming out great
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back