Quick about MS1
Jul 7, 2004 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 11
Comfies (like the SR60). You can cut a quarter sized hole in them and make an even poorer mans Senns (which is a poor mans flats
wink.gif
).

Jul 7, 2004 at 1:36 PM Post #5 of 11
I think if you're paying for additional pads, most would easily recommend flats (only available from Todd) over bowls. I have never tried them with the MS1s though.

Jul 7, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 11
Okey so where do you find these for the best price ? Alessandro doesn't sell them or does he ? BTW anyone compared the bowl and the flats ? I would like to know what you think if you have.

Thank you.

Jul 7, 2004 at 1:45 PM Post #7 of 11
You can see a detailed (though not with MS1) review here.

Flats are no longer manufactured by Grado, and are only available through Todds.

Jul 7, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #8 of 11
if you use the search function, there are a few comparisons of pads for grados - alessandros will probably follow suit, so just search for "grado pads"

btw my plan for my MS-1s will be to cut the hole in my rat shack flats plus the linear cuts around the hole. Vwapping, right?
smily_headphones1.gif
If this makes a big diff between the stock comfies, i'll cut a quarter sized hole in the comfies too - do you recommend the whole treatment and cutting the vertical lines as well?

hmmm i note that the modded comfies are only a good idea with the higher end grados, not the sr60. Since the MS-1 compares to the sr125, I wonder if that is considered high enough where modded comfies is the better alternative to stock. if the MS-1 has piercing treble, it's better to keep stock on, from what i read.

Jul 7, 2004 at 1:56 PM Post #9 of 11
MS1 doesn't have the Grato SR60/80 sound, so I would say the cut hole is an improvement. No vertical cuts here, just took a cut pipe (with thin edge) and using a hammer, punched a quarter sized hole through the comfies. Oh and take them off first.

Jul 7, 2004 at 2:02 PM Post #10 of 11
Hey that's good advice. When I was practicing with the rat shacks i cut the lines as well as the hole - ended up cutting 10 lines, i think i was on crack. Ah well, it's only 3 bucks. By the way the lines on the minipads i use for the ipod buds was a bad idea - now the thing opens up like a petal and irritates my ears. ah well, they were only rat shack pads too. From now on I'll stick to just cutting the hole. On the rats I just used a sharp knife and an actual quarter - it sliced like butter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back