Questyle M15 - Discussion, questions, opinions, experiences, VS and else.
Aug 11, 2022 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RuFrost

1000+ Head-Fier
1) If such thread exist, let me know, because I could not find one. I think this amazing dongle worth its separate thread.
________________________________________________________________________________
2) Basically, this is the place for Questyle M15 - anything connected with it.
________________________________________________________________________________
3) I'm an earbud's audiophile, as cans, in the end of the day, are too expensive, while iems are way to discomforting and "closed-in-the-head" sounding. Devices with battery creates too much hustle with charging it and replacing it lately (was forced to deal with replacement of it on 4 different daps - pain, time and waste of money). In addition, such dac\amps are usually bulky and do not work ergonomically for a person who has limited space on the desk. So this is the time when modern dongles start to shine, especially with technological development. It is really hard to buy just one dongle, because comparison is the way to choose the best available on the market and for you. Good thing the world web exist, so we can check opinions of each other on the different things, gain experience in filtering and choose devices we need.
4) Ideally, I'm looking for one (3 at most) earbuds and one (two at most) dongle to rule them all. In the process of getting different one, I noticed that cables make huge or, at least, very audible difference on how dongle\dac\amp can sound. So, the seeker must dive into cables as well.
So far, the best dongles I discovered are Moonriver 2 and M15.
5) But there is small issue with M15. Does anybody know how to make it work with Win 7, 64biits? (On off. site it says it only works with win10+). Other brands creates drivers for their dongles, but this respectable brand have not, at least, so far.

P.s: Lately to this message, I will add my impressions.

Sep 26, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 7
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 7
Warm sound. Powerful. Spacious sound. Good driving power. Good looking. But aluminium body is not safe from scratching.
Also, It consumes phone's battery fast. It gets little bit warm during use.
The only downside is, that there are a lot of dongle contenders at this price point

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #6 of 7
Warm sound. Powerful. Spacious sound. Good driving power. Good looking. But aluminium body is not safe from scratching.
Also, It consumes phone's battery fast. It gets little bit warm during use.
The only downside is, that there are a lot of dongle contenders at this price point
still only a few that might even come close in soundquality, depending on your preferences

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 7
I think it plays quite well with Audeze headphones like LCD3, not so much with HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back