Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp
May 18, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #452 of 757
You may send an email to Stacy Chen at Shenzenaudio.com.
He orders the amps direct to Questyle factory and ship them the following day.
Very fair and quick communication with him.
I bought 2 amps to have balanced listening with my HD800.
Ordered on 04/25th, received at home in France with DHL (coming from Hong-Kong) on 05/05th.
I use them with preamp, amazing, better than everything I have listened till now.

May 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #454 of 757
If you look back on page 2 or so on this thread, you'll see that I bought my CMA-800 directly from Questyle.  Just set up an email dialog with them (address on their website - Alden Zhao), and then after a price is set, you'll need to do a direct bank wire transfer.  That's it.

EDIT: If a North American distributer is in the process of being set up, as per project86's post above, there's just a short transition period that will have to be endured before they're available here again in the US.  Alden will be able to tell you if/when this is this case, and if a window still exists for a direct purchase from Questyle.  Otherwise, patience, grasshopper. 
wink.gif

May 19, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #455 of 757
  If you look back on page 2 or so on this thread, you'll see that I bought my CMA-800 directly from Questyle.  Just set up an email dialog with them (address on their website - Alden Zhao), and then after a price is set, you'll need to do a direct bank wire transfer.  That's it.

EDIT: If a North American distributer is in the process of being set up, as per project86's post above, there's just a short transition period that will have to be endured before they're available here again in the US.  Alden will be able to tell you if/when this is this case, and if a window still exists for a direct purchase from Questyle.  Otherwise, patience, grasshopper. 
wink.gif

Patience, the one word I did not want to see 
frown.gif

May 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #457 of 757
  If it's any consolation, the ability to delay gratification is recognized as a sign of maturity. 
wink.gif

I wish I could be patient but I think i'll move on from this amplifier, looking towards the Auralic Taurus MK II now. 

May 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #459 of 757
The Taurus is an excellent amp as well.... but before crossing Questyle off your list, I'd at least shoot them an email inquiring about purchasing in the USA. If they say something like "not for 5 months" and you don't want to wait that long, then the decision becomes easier. But perhaps they have some available for purchase right now. Wouldn't want to discount the option without exploring it fully right?

May 21, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #461 of 757
FYI, I was poking around for more info and stumbled across this site that sells Questyle with "Free Worldwide Shipping". Not as nice as having a North American distributor, but it's an option.
http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Questyle

Oops. They don't sell the amp. :frowning2:

May 21, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #463 of 757
  Unfortunately, 'not the mama' for the CMA-800R amp product.

Oops. My bad. I was digging around for the CAS 192 when I found it.

May 21, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #464 of 757
  The Taurus is an excellent amp as well.... but before crossing Questyle off your list, I'd at least shoot them an email inquiring about purchasing in the USA. If they say something like "not for 5 months" and you don't want to wait that long, then the decision becomes easier. But perhaps they have some available for purchase right now. Wouldn't want to discount the option without exploring it fully right?

I have sent an email to Alden Zhao, its been about a week plus with no response. I've found a seller on aliexpress but his site is fairly new and it seems like he is not a verified distributor. 

Btw, thanks for the responses you guys have been very helpful. 

May 22, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #465 of 757
Well, I ended up buying a used one from a fellow Head-fi member. So I guess i'll be getting the CMA800R after all 
biggrin.gif
 (and now the hunt for a matching DAC begins!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back