Questyle CMA 400i noise from DAC
Apr 27, 2020 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

plachta

New Head-Fier
Hello,

could anyone please help me with my problem with DAC Questyle CMA 400i? My dac making "electric" buzzing/noise/brum/hum (I do not know right word for this noise). I think it could be toroidal transformer or something in powering the dac.
have anyone noticed this? I can hear it pretty much in the night whwn everything is quite only my studio monitors and pc going. I have the dac om my desk about 40 cm from my head. When i put my ear close to dac, then it is very "loud" sound. For example it is 5-10 times more loud and more anoing then standard noise from studio monitors.

I found some threads where someone says it could be low grade power cable. I have low end basic power cable (it was bundle for dac). Someone else says it can be removed by some filters (but they cost a lot).

I am finding any "not expensive" solution.

Thanks wery much for every help and information on this my problem.

Apr 27, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 4
You need to do a series of trials to determine whats causing the issue before throwing cash at it.
I would suggest:
A different power cable,perhaps borrow one from another device in your home.
Try a different power outlet.
Try a different outlet in a different room
Try turning off other electric devices in your home(lights,air con,etc...)
Try a different USB cable from your computer

Theres probably other free things you can try,but thats off of the top of my head.

Good luck.

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 4
Hello,

thank you very much for yours advices. But nothing from that did not work. I tryed 2 different power cables in all my rooms and even without usb cable and without signal cables to monitors. Everything was turn off. Still the same "brum".

Apr 29, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back