Questions to iPod Touch owners
Apr 19, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #16 of 20
Thanks a lot mates. The only remaining question left to answer is about battery life.
As Thrice said, at Apple's website they state a battery duration of about 22 hours with Wifi off and using compressed apple files. I'd be thankful if you could confirm that on regular use and Wifi off, the thing can be running without a recharge for over 15 hours.

Rgrds

Apr 19, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #17 of 20
touch has been the (to use an american term) 'beefiest' ipod i have heard. it is thick yet has stage and separation. it is bassy yet not congested.

it is the most hifi of all ipods i have heard and a suprising break from the monitor league neutral sound of other ipods which seem to pick out details and poor sounds from recordings.

it makes everything sound good though not necessarily true. in short, i damn care less for other stuff, this is amazing product.

as for battery life: with slim usage, i still get over 20 hours but with 'normal usage' of wifi, drop the battery life to like 5-8 hours. if just music and in playloop with minimal touch and wifi other than email check, i get no less than 23 hours. my best has been 28 with no wifi usage and only minimal touching.

for normal use, i think apple underestimated it at 22 hours - mine has never as i use it gotten less than a day of playback for 24 hours.

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had thought of getting a 8Gb flash player for the commuting and short trips listening, and a big Classic for holidays and longer trips, but a 32Gb Touch is big enough to keep music for the whole holidays or any long trip, and would cost more or less the same than buying two players... Maybe it's the wisest choice.

Rgrds

Cool Torpedo,

I was in your shoes a few weeks ago and I ended up with Sony 818 because I finally decided I want a portable flash DAP for music only and I was thinking of getting an iphone or something similar for cell phone in future as media player all in one to complement my portable flash DAP. Therefore, touch doesn't make sense for me because it will overlap with the cell phone that I am planning to get in future. On top of that I got a great deal for Sony A818. If I am looking for versatility, then Touch would be my choice. Very good SQ from headphone, has dedicated line out, wi-fi with full browser, nice screen, and the list goes on. Anyway I digress.

IMO, 15-25 hours battery life is not bad at all, it is still all day listening to music and you can always charge it every night.

Good luck with your portable flash DAP hunt!

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #19 of 20
Thanks mates, I appreciate your comments.
Shigzeo's description of Touch's sound reminds me of the one of my own 2nd Generation iPod, which I consider mainly a fun device. Otherwise I hadn't kept it for over 6 years now. This is an encouraging feature to get a Touch. If used for music only, it gets more than 15 hours playing from a battery charge, it fits my needs perfectly.

I'm seeing a 32Gb Touch in my future coming hehehehe. Thanks a lot mates, you've been really helpful.

Regards

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #20 of 20
Good luck on your purchase Cool_Torpedo! May it'll serve you well in the future times.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back