Questions on X5 UI
Aug 18, 2015 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

csimon

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm very interested in the X5ii, but I'm concerned about some comments that I've read about the UI when it comes to the library browsing mode (tagged browsing). Could someone clarify:

1. Does the Artist menu use the Artist tag or the Album Artist tag to group by?

2. Do the menus respect the Disk number and Track number tags so that tracks are sorted the correct way under Artist/Album and Album? And if so, can it read these tags from FLAC files (Orbis-style comments  believe) as well as MP3s?

3. The Genre menu does not deliver Album Artist/Album but instead lists just tracks. I note this has been pointed out before in a recent thread. Is this indeed on the roadmap for update?

4. A review I read said there was no "incremental scrolling", i.e. if you've got a long list of artists then it will take ages to scroll through the list. Is this true and how do people find this in practice?

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #2 of 3
  4. A review I read said there was no "incremental scrolling", i.e. if you've got a long list of artists then it will take ages to scroll through the list. Is this true and how do people find this in practice?

Impractical. I wish it was improved, either by an incremental function or by alphabetical jumps.

Sure, you can organize the folder structure for better access (as recommended as a workaround), but what if you listen in shuffle mode and just want to pick a specific song every now and then?

And I wish there was a feedback from FiiO if any of the proposed solutions is possible or impossible.

Aug 26, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 3
there has been a talk of fast scrolling for a long time with no response from Fiio reps here.
too bad. if a simple player like the Sansa zip can implement it surly Fiio could deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back