Questions on the SRH-840
Oct 7, 2012 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NineEleven

Head-Fier
My brother owns a pair of AudioTechnica ATH-PRO5V. I love listening to music on them. Do you think the SRH-840 have similair or better quality ? For me vocals and balanced bass and natural sounds of pianos etc. is vital.

Is the product worth 150EUR?

Will they hurt after long usage?

Also.. I am considering buying the SRH-840 with a clip mic and use it as a gaming headset instead of buying a gimmick Razer or something. Do you think it can be used for gaming?

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 6
Build quality - Yes
Sound quality - Yes
Enough treble/detail/separation for gaming - Yes

"Will they hurt after long usage?"

They don't for me, but they are pretty large and heavy and some people claim that they can't wear them for too long.

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Build quality - Yes
Sound quality - Yes
Enough treble/detail/separation for gaming - Yes

"Will they hurt after long usage?"

They don't for me, but they are pretty large and heavy and some people claim that they can't wear them for too long.

Thanks,. Do you think it is better buying this and a mic clip than a gaming headset? 

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #4 of 6
For the most part, yes. Most gaming headsets are just junky stuff with a cool paint job. The SRH840s are extremely good headphones and sound more expensive than their price. I let a friend who works at a recording studio try them and they ordered multiple pairs afterwards.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
For the most part, yes. Most gaming headsets are just junky stuff with a cool paint job. The SRH840s are extremely good headphones and sound more expensive than their price. I let a friend who works at a recording studio try them and they ordered multiple pairs afterwards.

Cheers for the tips. I don't have the money to buy one right now. But it's gonna be the Shure's and a clip mic.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #6 of 6
After a while they can get heavy. I don't mind too much but that's because I don't move much when I'm using them, as a little movement and they can threaten to fall off fro momentum. I've been contemplating modding them to be lighter, but with the choice between a long (and heavy) coiled cable or a really long straight cable, there's no point in making them more portable. I've linked the the mod I was looking at below. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/484116/my-shure-840-mod-warning-lots-of-pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back