Questions on the ibasso T4
Feb 5, 2009 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

swilly

Head-Fier
I am seriously interested in this headphone amp. It is tiny (should pair up well size-wise with my Sony NWZ-A816 as well as driving power, b/c of weak sony amp). The price is also within my range, $100-$120-ish. Only question is, will this amp reveal too much in my recordings? The highest bitrate recordings i have is 320, and the lowest is 192, and there is a smattering of V0s (according to Foobar2k, avg bitrate is 233). Will PK1s paired up with the T4 reveal too much?

That said, are there any other recommendations on a portable amp? I hear the mini-box d and headroom airhead are good. However, the size and ease of use of the T4 makes it seem like (to me) a better choice still.

Thanks for any responses.

I'm not sure what the price of a xin amp is, but if it's within the $100-$120 range, i'll wait for it.

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #2 of 3
T4 and PK1 are not a bad match, you should be quite happy about them size and sound wise. Generally it is the headphone that is the dominating factor on how reveals a setup is. In this case, PK1 isn't a very revealing headphone so I think you will be okay (plus 192~320kbps should be enough).

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 3
Alright! Thank you so much! Heh, I just got back my school report, and results were good, we'll see if this set up can become a graduation gift or something...heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back