Questions on deciding on IEMs
Oct 6, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #17 of 30
it's a toss between the big three usually. UM2, SE530 and TF10. in the end, the ear will be the judge
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #18 of 30
"muddy bass and rolled highs" ... utter drivel!

The UM2s are a superb IEM - one of the top three, and for many people the number one choice. That's why it's currently romping away as the winner of your poll.

I'm finding it hard to believe you can get a pair for $150 (unless that's for second hand) as their usual retail price is nearer $300 ... but if you can get them at the price then I recommend that you do.

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #19 of 30
muddy bass = no, it's not really muddy. just a bit overpowering and affected the details of lower mid. therefore some will interpret it as being muddy

Rolled highs = yes, but can be brought out with EQ but not all the details are there. but then, doing this is against the "nature" of UM2 with emphasis on mid.

correct me if i'm wrong. i still trying to understand my UM2 haha

Oct 6, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #20 of 30
Where did you get your Vibe's for 35?

Also, I'm not sure if the UM2 is in the same league as those other phones.

Oct 6, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by digivate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm finding it hard to believe you can get a pair for $150 (unless that's for second hand) as their usual retail price is nearer $300 ... but if you can get them at the price then I recommend that you do.

Yeah, $150 for a new pair is daylight robbery on the seller. Is the pair refurbished? If it isn't I'll be wary of a scam or fake if I were you.

Oct 6, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #23 of 30
Any chance you're gonna reveal your sneaky source online that's selling you vibes for $35 and UM2s for $150? I looked for UM2s before I decided I wanted customs and I couldn't find them for below $200.

Looking at your choices, the UM2s are leaps and bounds above the rest. I have heard bad things about the EBs but, having never heard any of them, I can't really advise but if I was in your situation, I'd snatch up those UM2s for $150.

Oct 6, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #24 of 30
For those of you voting, would you please elaborate on your vote? I'm really curious to hear everyone's opinion, especially the one's for the super.fis. Thanks again for your guys help!

And I would be able to get them used from someone I know and trust that doesn't want them anymore... but lives out of state so I can't just drive across town to listen to them.

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by MVPlaya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UM2's are in a different price range...

Yes, but being in a different price does not mean different level of sound. In my experience of electronics, some brands are more expensive than superior, cheaper (in cost) products. Although price is usually a good indication, with electronics paying more does not mean getting more. My question is how much more will I be getting by paying the premium.

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by aarongobo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but being in a different price does not mean different level of sound. In my experience of electronics, some brands are more expensive than superior, cheaper (in cost) products. Although price is usually a good indication, with electronics paying more does not mean getting more. My question is how much more will I be getting by paying the premium.

The UM2's are in the class of SE530 and Triple.fi's as far as SQ goes.

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #29 of 30
I like the SQ, however I'm one of those that don't like the fit. I've had the Shure e4c's, e2c, and have the e2g's and I didn't like the fit either. I don't like using the yellow foamies either.

The SQ is amazing for all forms of music, that's for sure.

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #30 of 30
Honestly, if I were you I'd cut the V-moda Vibe's from that list unless you want something for on the go.

The super.fi 5 are a good starting point for IEM... I wouldn't go with EB because you'll get much more clarity out of the super.fi 5's... you'll understand a lot more about what IEM's are about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back