questions for those going from soundcard --> headphone amp
Apr 14, 2003 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

absolutofft

Head-Fier
When you use a stereo cable to L/R rca into your headphone amp is there any noise or static or anything? Im only asking because when I went from my computers soundcard into an old pioneer receiver there was some static on the output from the soundcard but none really from the cd player.

Can I also expect this from a headphone amp (creek obh 11) or do you think this was the fault of the receiver. Do you also think I should maybe think about getting a new soundcard like an audiophile 2496 or Delta 410?

Apr 14, 2003 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 5
my setup is very much like yours.

i'm running a cheap wire from the headphone out to the RCA in on a creek OBH-11. (Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum)

and i too, notice a buzz. when i run the headphones, directly into the headphone jack, i don't hear it.

i also hear the buzz plugging the cable into the back of the sound card as well, so i think there is some interference. i ordered some much better cables to run from the RCA out on the live drive to the Amp. hopefully that helps.

as a temperary fix, i find that if you run the volume from your computer as low as you can get it, and use the amp for volume, this helps. still not ideal though. i will try to update when the new cables come.

Apr 14, 2003 at 6:20 AM Post #3 of 5
I had horrible noise problems with my interconnects - but I traced the problem to a switching power supply for my scanner. My suggestion - turn up the volume so you can clearly hear the noise/buzzing (no music playing) and then unplug things in the room one by one. It was dramatic.

-dd3mon

Apr 14, 2003 at 10:49 AM Post #5 of 5
Wow, glad someone finally used it
biggrin.gif

I never had a buzz come from my soundcard.. just hissing - which was fixed by the method described in that little guide..

-dd3mon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back