Questions for the CEO of Skullcandy
Oct 21, 2007 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

XENOPHOS

100+ Head-Fier
Just in the past hour I talked to the Mr. Alden, the father of the CEO of Skullcandy and he gave me a pair of pink full metal jacket 11mm iems. He was telling me that he knew that most of their products are more trendier than hi-fi, and more bass oriented, but he said that the ones he gave me were more hi-end than the rest.
I see him like once a week so going off and selling the full metals might not be the most respectful thing to do. So I just gave them a listen and after 5 minutes decided that head-fi knows its stuff when it comes to skullcandy and I quickly retreated to my k701's.....ah....thats better ^^.

oh yea, is there anything I should consider asking him in the future to pass along? (really cool guy by the way)

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #3 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aek him to partner with koss to make a cool looking 60 ohm skullcandy headphone.

Skullcandy KSC-85 (KSC-75 remix)
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #4 of 56
Skullcandy is ass ugly.

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #7 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by XENOPHOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^^^^^ com'n guys lets keep the bashing to a minimum. and saying that the phones are ugly prob isn't the best way to say things.

LOL. I am sorry, I just googled it and it came to my reflexes. I don't even know how they sound.

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #8 of 56
How would you describe ugly in polite terminology? Aesthetically lacking? Visually deprived? Terribly unpleasing to the eyes?
ugly IS AS ugly DOES.

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #9 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would you describe ugly in polite terminology? Aesthetically lacking? Visually deprived? Terribly unpleasing to the eyes?
ugly IS AS ugly DOES.

Ahaha, and I thought I went too far. Anyways hows that Sony DVP-S9000ES sound compare to mines?

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #10 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahaha, and I thought I went too far. Anyways hows that Sony DVP-S9000ES sound compare to mines?

Don't know what your source is, but it's the best source I've ever had. It trashes my Imod, that's for certain.

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #11 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know what your source is, but it's the best source I've ever had.

Mines are SCD-C2000ES and SCD-XA9000ES but I heard yours don't play multi-channel SACD.

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #12 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mines are SCD-C2000ES and SCD-XA9000ES but I heard yours don't play multi-channel SACD.

It plays SACD, just not Hybrid SACD. I don't bother with SACD's anyway. From what i've read, the XA9000ES is supposed to be a hair better.
Please excuse the thread-jacking.

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #13 of 56
Oh come on, OP. You know you started this thread to get a reaction out of people. If you seriously wanted to discuss this topic, you would title the thread something like "I know the father of the Skullcandy CEO", not "Skullcandy THREAD." You are very much aware that Skullcandy threads always get negative attention. That is why no one is taking this thread seriously.

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #14 of 56
Kind of reminds me of the Bose Appreciation Thread way back when, except most think Bose headphones aren't ugly. I guess it's good in a way,because it makes you almost overlook the pisspour sq.

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #15 of 56
Here are the company that you should avoid so you don't get bashing:
Skullcandy
Bose
Monster Cable
.... that's all I know =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back