Questions for owners of the Acoustic Energy Aego M
Oct 23, 2006 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Vertigo-1

Señor Sony
After serving me very, very faithfully for the past 8 years or so, my beloved Midiland S2-4100 computer speakers are finally starting to bite the dust...the sound keeps fading in and out, and it's highly unlikely I could get them fixed. I'm out on the market now looking for a new set of PC speakers...unfortunately not much out there has impressed me in comparison to the Midilands, and it's been tough trying to find something that could replace the Midilands. A 3 piece set with a subwoofer is a must. I am currently using the Swam M200s as a backup, but I've been rather dissatisfied with them from a gaming/movie point of view. Their flat bass response rather makes games and movies sound pretty lifeless.

I boiled my choice down to either the Klipsch iFi and the Acoustic Energy Aego M. I decided against the iFi as at from glance at the Klipsch forums, it seems like it has a few quality control problems. That leaves the Aego M, and it's a choice I'm not completely happy with either. My biggest problem with it is the location of the volume knob...I'd really like to smack whoever it was in engineering that decided to put the volume knob on the sub. Ergonomics aside though, my questions were:

1. The sub's specs seem to say that its crossover is set to 200Hz. This seems like a pretty high spot...have there been any problems with being able to localize the sub?

2. The only decent review I could find of the Aego M gave a one liner stating that it could be on the bright side. One liners like this though in audiophiledom usually tend to be a big red flag in an otherwise positive review. Any truth to this?

Oct 23, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 2
I don't want to completely derail what you're asking, but I had the iFi for a brief period of time, and I must say that they sounded very very good. A store near me is selling them for $150, and if I had the money I would definitely get them for that price. I wouldn't completely ignore it as an option
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back