Questions, fiio e7 and my headphones.
Sep 7, 2011 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

freedom11b

Head-Fier
I have 2 pairs of headphones I have just ordered
denon ah-d2000 and v moda m-80

looking at the fiio e7 but its like $90...

my source will be.
1. Hp touchpad
2. Zune HD
3. (main one) Laptop.

V moda m-80s will be used at school 
HP touchpad / zune mainly.

denon will be at home use only with laptop.

Do i need a amp? and will this one be the best bang for buck for my headphones.
open to suggestions/feedback pros n cons.

Sep 7, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 10
d2000 and E7 work fine. D2000 can run on it's own but with the DAC and your laptop the additional amplification will only heighten the experience. It was my first premium choice and one I will always keep.

Sep 7, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 10
The d2000 will only be used at home. so that would work out.

The Vmoda m-80 ive heard pretty **** good reviews over it. so i ordered it and going to have it for college/in backpack etc, with the case/durability. would the Fiio e7 help it with my HP touchpad? i dont know if it matters but it has that dre audio crap in it. will that work with the e7? or should the v moda/touchpad/zune hd work just fine together without an amp

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 10
Hey chat I have just received my denons.. On iPhone, I plugged into iPhone and touchpad and there's very little bass.. What? >.< help! Why are my denons so weak on bass. Practically non existent

Will post pics later. Bought em on buy.com and they placed my order through
http://clickgoandbuy.net/

They fulfilled my order. Are these real demons you think? I called and they assured me they are real...

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Hey chat I have just received my denons.. On iPhone, I plugged into iPhone and touchpad and there's very little bass.. What? >.< help! Why are my denons so weak on bass. Practically non existent

Will post pics later. Bought em on buy.com and they placed my order through
http://clickgoandbuy.net/

They fulfilled my order. Are these real demons you think? I called and they assured me they are real...

I wouldn't know; however assuming these are genuine headphones you got, the E7 really lets the bass kick.

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 10
My Denons took quite some time to break in the drivers. You'll notice the bass develop pretty quick. The treble will settle down much later. An amp helps a bunch.

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 10
I just got a JDS CMoyBB. I alway loved my Denons but always wished it had a bit more low end oomph for my bassey music. My wish was granted in the form of an Altoids can. This was no ordinary Altoids can but one with a battery and some electronic stuff inside. The CMoy BB has a bass boost that really sounds pretty good especially to those who enjoy club like bass. You can also experiment with op amps if you ever get curious how to taylor the signature of an amp to whatever choice of headphone you want. All for only $65 bucks delivered. It is a great addition to any portable rig you own. The E7 is great too!

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
I bought the Fiio E6, think the altoid can is better or no? i got it for 30 shipped from amazon lol.

Apparently the amp in E6 sounds better than E7, however if you are listening from the PC mostly, then the DAC capabilities of E7 will crush the improvements from only amplification with the E6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back