Questions about the Zune Pass
Oct 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #31 of 36
Hope the next one will work properly. I bought mine a year ago from eBay (Zune wasn't availible in Canada at this time) and I never had any kind of problem with it. I also convinced some friends to get their and I'm planning on getting the 120 Go edition real soon.

I just wanted to tell you that it IS a good DAP and you've been in really bad luck. Really sorry for you man.

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #32 of 36
On the third try, I finally received from Microsoft a Zune 4gb which works. I am very disappointed with the device in comparison with my ipod mini 2nd gen for several reasons. First, the volume control is not as precise as the mini so that on certain albums I cannot set the volume to the ideal level. Second, I find the mid range more recessed than the mini, which is not a good thing. Third, the FM reception from the FM transmitters on the TVs at the gym has a lot of static and thus the reception is much poorer than the DLO FM receiver I have attached to the mini. Fourth, the tuner does not do even numbers so I cannot tune into 92.80, which is a frequency used by one TVs at the gym. Fifth, the Zune loads much slower than the mini. Sixth, the Zune software is not as intuitive as itunes. I have decided to sell the Zune and stick with the mini without trying the Zune pass. My Zune experience has not been a pleasant one. Maybe I will try a Sansa fuze and try Rhapsody to go.

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by auee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the third try, I finally received from Microsoft a Zune 4gb which works. I am very disappointed with the device in comparison with my ipod mini 2nd gen for several reasons. First, the volume control is not as precise as the mini so that on certain albums I cannot set the volume to the ideal level. Second, I find the mid range more recessed than the mini, which is not a good thing. Third, the FM reception from the FM transmitters on the TVs at the gym has a lot of static and thus the reception is much poorer than the DLO FM receiver I have attached to the mini. Fourth, the tuner does not do even numbers so I cannot tune into 92.80, which is a frequency used by one TVs at the gym. Fifth, the Zune loads much slower than the mini. Sixth, the Zune software is not as intuitive as itunes. I have decided to sell the Zune and stick with the mini without trying the Zune pass. My Zune experience has not been a pleasant one. Maybe I will try a Sansa fuze and try Rhapsody to go.

Wow what a nightmare! After all of that Auee I would have long given up and told Microsoft where they could put their 4 gig Zune!
frown.gif
. You were certainly a trooper for trying!

Just a couple quick thoughts...

I had read somewhere on here that the flash Zunes didn't sound nearly as good as the hard drive ones, but I haven't owned or heard a flash one so I can't verify that comment. I do know the hard-drive Zunes I own all sounded better than the I-pods we had in our possession prior to switching.

Yes after using I-tunes for years the Zune software seemed a bit quirky. Eventually I got the hang of it and now it’s no big deal especially version 3.0. It actually has grown on me and the “social” is very cool if you are into meeting new music addicts and finding new music.
smile.gif

The hard drive version Zunes all have digital tuning numbers for the radio that come in great so that must be a missing radio feature on the flash Zunes.

Hey one other thought...they are talking about a little head-fier gathering in Phoenix. Check out the meet pages and perhaps you can join a few of us from AZ who are talking about hooking up and sharing some gear, laughs, war stories (which you now have), etc. Perhaps some folks will have some gear options that might interest you. I’ll be bringing my hard drive Zunes and if you want you can check out some Zunes that actually work and sound great.
wink.gif

All joking aside Auee sorry for the bad Zune experience and best of luck with the next upgrade adventure.

Cheers,

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

The hard drive version Zunes all have digital tuning numbers for the radio that come in great so that must be a missing radio feature on the flash Zunes.

He is right. the Zune cant do tunning of stations with even freq numbers using manual mode. I dont know if autosync detects any station with even frequencies since no station around here is available with even freq.

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #35 of 36
I wish to thank all of you who offered advise on this subject. Although things did not work out for me with the Zune, you have all been true ladies and gentleman. That part of the experience has been a real pleasure.

Tribalambient, I will pay attention to when the meeting you refer to happens so I can meet with you and others who are interested in portable audio.

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #36 of 36
To tune to 92.8, go to settings/radio and switch it from north america to europe. Then go to the radio and turn seek off. You can then go to even numbered stations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back