Questions about the Parrot Zik wireless headphone
Jun 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

quetzacoatl

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, firstly my apologize for the poor English.

I am looking for a pair of noise canceling over-ear headphones for my commute to work. I tried a pair of Parrot Zik in an Apple store, and both their function and SQ satisfied me, though I'm not quite like their exaggerated look. However, I still have some questions about this pair of headphone.

1. Am i able to couple them with a device other than an iPhone or android phone? Such as a PSV or a notebook computer. Moreover, when they are coupled, is it possible to turn the Noise Canceling on? I only tried Zik with an ipod touch 5 in the store, and noticed that the NC (and other advanced functions) must be turned on through certain Apps which only support iOS and Android. So could I couple my Zik with my PSV and enjoy the active NC?

2. I noticed that the Zik do not need apt-x to provide "CD quality sound" which is necessary in most other wireless audiophile headphones such as Sennheiser MM550-x and Denon NCW-500. Yet I am sure that the SQ of Zik is much better than normal Bluetooth connections. Thus I wonder how they do that, do Zik contain an internal DAC or other special modules?

Thank you for your attentions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back