Questions about the "MrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)"
Jan 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Newguy7

New Head-Fier
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if the "MrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)" really compare to high end headphones such as Sennheiser 600's  as some people would claim. It seems unlikely, however, what would these headphones stack up against? I'm very interested in buying a pair and would like anyone's opinion on these headphones. Thank you for any feedback.

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 2
You really need to hear them. I found the Mad Dogs sounded very good indeed. They are a bit on the warm side - but in a good way - not dark - just not bright. They are very, very smooth and very detailed - which is a pretty good trick. When *I* say detailed, I don't mean only in the treble - I mean up and down the the entire range. I really, really like headphones that allow me to hear the subtle distinctions between notes. A bang on a 8" tom should sound a little different from a bang on a 9" tom - and I want to hear that difference. The bass is textured and also well defined - it doesn't just go boom. The dog pads are excellent - big, soft and they feel good.

Now - these headphones need an amp - they won't sound very good straight out of an iphone or laptop. These headphones are also heavy - the cups are filled with a dense clay. They are also closed headphones, so they tend not to be as open and airy as some open 'phones (like the Sennheiser and AKG phones).

Are the Mad Dogs as good as $1000+ headphones? No - of course not - but I will say they are my favorite $300 'phones out of the 6 or 10 different brands & models I have heard.

Of course: IMHO, IME, YMMV, yada-yada... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back