Questions about the FiiO E10
Dec 20, 2013 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheGiantHogweed

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I have had the FiiO E11 for over a year and a half now and I use it as both a portable amp and a desktop amp. I really wish it would charge at the same time as playing so that when it runs out, I don't have to wait a few hours before I can next use it. It only ever lasts a few hours now. This is fine for when I use it as a portable amplifier.

Questions about the E10 compared to the E11.

For people who have both, which one would you say boosts the bass most? I have Audio Technica ATH-AD700s and they work very well on bass boost 2 on the E11 because they lack so much bass! I also have the AKG K550s now and they sound ok with the E11 but they don't work as well with it as my AD700s do.

I have heard that some people say that the E10 cuts off the beggining of the tracks. I was thinking that this was the old E10 that did that. Is this still a problem with the E10?
I am also planning on using the line out on the back to go to my PC speakers. I don't know if this will work or not but can you still control the volume from your PC. With the FiiO D03K DAC that I use with my E11, i cant control the volume from my PC. I am hoping that using USB cable for the audio will let me do this.

Sometimes, I think that the E11 does mess up the sound a little for my K550s but that is only my opinion. The E11 for me is just perfect for the AD700s but I dont know, the E10 could be better for both.

Please could you tell me a little more about the E10.

Thanks

Dec 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi,

What you need is Fiio E07K + Fiio L7 (Line Out) or Fiio E17.
Fiio E10 works very good, but don't have the same EQ capabilities of E07K/E17 and it is not portable, that means it doesn´t have a battery, so it only works when connected to your computer.

Best Luck!

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 5
I will keep using my E11 for portable use and it does a good job at that. I should have said this but I am a big fan of analogue volume dials rather than buttons. I find them much more easy to control. If the E07K had a dial, I would have bought that instead of the E11 because it only cost a tiny bit more. I live in the UK and I think what I bought the E11 for was a really good deal. It was £35.

I think the bass boost should be enough anyway. Thanks for your help.

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 5
  I will keep using my E11 for portable use and it does a good job at that. I should have said this but I am a big fan of analogue volume dials rather than buttons. I find them much more easy to control. If the E07K had a dial, I would have bought that instead of the E11 because it only cost a tiny bit more. I live in the UK and I think what I bought the E11 for was a really good deal. It was £35.

I think the bass boost should be enough anyway. Thanks for your help.

Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card.
They come with a basic headphone amplifier.

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 5
Hi,

I have had the E10 for a few weeks now and I think that it sounds only a bit better than the E11 connected to the Fiio D03k dac. However, once I boost the bass, I would say that the bass boost messes the sound up quite a bit more that the E11 does even though I would say the E11 boosts the bass even more. The best thing about the E10 is the difference it has made with my computer speakers and Hi-Fi amplifier when using the line out. They sound a lot better now. My E11 also sounds better when it is connected to the line out of the E10 rather than my other dac.

When I listen to music with the bass boost on the E10 turned on, unless it is a very very good recording, the E11s low frequencys sound more clear and less overpowering. My Audio Technica ATH-AD700s still go better with the E11 that any other amp/device I have tried. They just go together so well when the E11 is on bass boost 2. When I plug my AD700s or my K550s into the E10 and have the bass boost on, it just seems to make the lower end of the music sound a little overpowering and muddy. The E11s bass boost did not seem to have as much of a problem in my opinion.

I only think this is a great amp if you use the line out for other devices and listen to your headphones on direct with the bass boost off. The bass boost feature turned on is good when the music is a very good recording.

I paid almost double the price for the E10 than I did for the E11 and the bass boost feature I would say is better on the E11.

If anybody else agrees about this or has anything to say about it, please reply. It would be interesting to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back