Questions about the AKG M220
Dec 28, 2015 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

icywolfe

New Head-Fier
I saw the M220 on Massdrop and I'm not fully sure if I should get it or not. But I do own the Senn HD600. I wonder if the M220 sound similar to the HD600 or is it something totally different.

Also how would the M220 sound unamped?

Also would the M220 work as sound level monitoring for video recording?

May 22, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 2
Though I don't own the HD 600, I've been listening to my m220s unamped for a while before I got my Fulla 2 and m1060s. When running straight off my desktop, they sounded pretty detailed but had almost zero bass. Plugging them into my FiiO A3's (the only amp I owned at the time) did improve the bass a little bit, but it was weirdly harsh to my ears and I decided it was more comfortable to listen to them without an amp. I tried playing around on FL Studio with them, but I ended up putting in WAY too much bass in the mix to compensate for the headphones, which I probably should've predicted earlier. :p
The Fulla 2 ended up improving the headphones by a lot, with considerably more fullness and detail. As a semi-closed headphone, the m220's do have a smaller soundstage than my m1060's, but because of that, everything feels way closer to my ears and makes some tracks more "lively" in comparison.
I'm using a pair of Cosmos Velour pads on them since I can't stand the thin pleather on the stock. I also took the foam out from between the pads and the driver, since I feel it opens up the sound and cools down my ears.
I'd recommend them, but only if you're willing to pay extra for pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back