Questions about Shure SE110
Feb 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #16 of 24
I bought the Shure SE110 based on a recommendation from my brother and also because I could just pick them up at Best Buy. They sound good, but for me I needed more bass. From what I read on here I decided to try out the Nuforce ne 7m and I like the balanced sound they have. More bass but still having good high's and mids. The Nuforce aren't as well made as the Shure though when it comes to quality. I guess that would be my only complaint for now. I wonder if the new Shure SE115's are going to help with the complaints about the bass without sacrificing the mid's and highs.

Feb 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #17 of 24
I personally loved my Shure SE110, I forced myself to listen to them even though I hated them at first. Also a Fiio e3 or an e5 gives a very nice bass boost for cheap.

Feb 25, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #18 of 24
Maybe I just didn't pay attention at first, but when I listen to songs on the 110 right now all the songs appear to sound better than when I first started using them
confused_face.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #19 of 24
I have the SE110's, the mid and highs are very well presented, quite airy and smooth, but the bass is a bit lacking. Amped or with some EQing it gets a little better, but these are not really ideal for bass heavy music.

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #20 of 24
When you compare the 110's to other available IEM's in a similar price range, namely er6i and re2, they don't really compare. I have compared my re2's to the 110's and I can't say I was impressed by them. They sound quality of the highs and mids sounded comparable to my cx300, except with about 1/100th the bass!

If you don't mind the sound sig, either of previously mentioned phones should do a far better job. I wouldn't recommend going with Shure until you get up to the higher end phones. Even with the 310, better value can be had for the money.

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #21 of 24
Save a teeny bit more, get the Phonak Audeo PFE. =D, Best Overall earphone i've tried below the $200 price.

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #22 of 24
the se110's are allright, just overpriced for what they offer. Build quality is good, but the sound is just unimpressive on the low & high end. Mids are represented pretty well, it just has an overall muddy sound. Compared with the se210's, the bass is better on the 110's, but clarity is bumped up on the 210's. Comparing the 2 though, I found the 110's more tolerable to listen to. The 210's just seemed very harsh & had terrible sibilance w/ sh's & ch's. The 110's are good if you have to have a shure product & can only spend less than $200, and I would guess to say they sound quite a bit better than the 115's, though I can't confirm that with experience.

Mar 26, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #23 of 24
Seems to me like all of Shure's products are overpriced. I'm an SE530 owner myself. They give you great sound and all but they certainly aren't worth the price tag.

IMHO, I would look at other brands. You're going to be paying the same price but getting a much better sound.

My q-Jays are only slightly, very slightly inferior to my SE530s yet they cost $300 dollars less. Phonaks have been all the rave lately.

My advice: Look at other brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back