questions about Shure e3 and e4
Aug 7, 2005 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

guvnor

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, after spending a few days reading opinions and thinking things over, I decided purchase either the Shure e3 or e4.

I still have some stuff I'm curious about though, such as how they sound without amps. I will be using a Sony mp3 player(the new OLED one) as the source, and I want to make sure they'd be loud enough since these little players don't have a lot power.

and is the e4 worth the extra cost over the e3? I listen to all variety of songs...but would probably prefer the one with more bass.

Aug 7, 2005 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 5
I have the e4s and the Sony Vaio Pocket. I love the way it sounds with all of my music and they aren't underpowered at all. One of the things that really matters is getting a good deal when you have IEMs in - I didn't for the first couple of days and when I finally got them in correctly, I was really able to enjoy them.

C

Aug 7, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by guvnor
Hi, after spending a few days reading opinions and thinking things over, I decided purchase either the Shure e3 or e4.

I still have some stuff I'm curious about though, such as how they sound without amps. I will be using a Sony mp3 player(the new OLED one) as the source, and I want to make sure they'd be loud enough since these little players don't have a lot power.

and is the e4 worth the extra cost over the e3? I listen to all variety of songs...but would probably prefer the one with more bass.

I recommend you getting the E4 over the E3. It's worth the $50-$60 price difference. (as of this writing, the E4 is only $169 + shipping @ eCost.com)
Everything on the E3 is improved on the E4.

Aug 7, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #5 of 5
i have upgraded from a pair of much loved e3s to new e4s, the difference is substancial. definately get them over the e3s, tighter bass, less conjestion on the mids and clearer highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back