Questions about rockbox w/ipod video
Oct 12, 2008 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

The Rino

100+ Head-Fier
I just installed the new 3.0 version of rockbox and i was wondering if anyone has problems, well THESE problems, I downloaded an ipod playlist converter so I can play my itunes playlists and it works fine. Anyway, I can't access my ipod when it's charging via usb, it just says "do not disconnect". Also when iplay 320kbps tracks, the music pauses every 5 sec or so, but not with lesser rates(128, 196 etc). I'm using the parametric EQ which is the only reason I decided to try Rockbox again after giving up after similar frustrations a year ago. Any ideas.

Oh, how do I use the recording feature in Rockbox? I mean why would one use it?

Oct 12, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just installed the new 3.0 version of rockbox and i was wondering if anyone has problems, well THESE problems, I downloaded an ipod playlist converter so I can play my itunes playlists and it works fine. Anyway, I can't access my ipod when it's charging via usb, it just says "do not disconnect". Also when iplay 320kbps tracks, the music pauses every 5 sec or so, but not with lesser rates(128, 196 etc). I'm using the parametric EQ which is the only reason I decided to try Rockbox again after giving up after similar frustrations a year ago. Any ideas.

You possibly get higher changes of reply by asking in the rockbox mailing list or forums. Mention what ipod model it is and any further relevant info.

Quote:

I don't think ipod has a mic so you can't use it on ipods.

You use it, well, to record
smily_headphones1.gif
For instance, a concert, lecture, lesson, compromising conversation, whatever....

Oct 13, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

iPod's can only use the recording features via a third party addon, if I'm not mistaken. I use the built-in mic on my D2 all the time, and used to use it on my RB'd Sansa E200, when I owned one. Great for manager meetings at work, for example....

Oct 13, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 5
You would need something like this Microphone to record on the ipod!

Oct 15, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #5 of 5
the fact that it goes into disk mode; rebooting into the original ipod firmware for charging is totally normal, you cant sync with rockbox direct but if you add tunes to your itunes library it will be mirrored as soon as you update in rockbox. if you just use a wall charger and not the computer you shouldn't get that.

external mics are great for recording lectures at uni or for bugging conversations
evil_smiley.gif

does it skip while playing or are you altering the eq when it does it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back