Questions about RME Digi96/8 PAD
Apr 26, 2004 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mshan

1000+ Head-Fier
Anybody using this with iTunes4 or MusicMatch 8.2? If so, any glitches or does it use the proper audio output type to bypass Kmixer?

With a software DVD player such as PowerDVD4 or Theatertek, does it automatically output 48 kHz without any need to change anything in the control panel?

With foobar2K, does it allow kernal streaming?

Are the optical and coaxial digital outputs active simultaneously?

Finally, I've read that there are at least 4 revisions of this card and possibly one with bad capacitors. If I purchased an used RME Digi96/8 PAD, is there a particularly preferred revision or any revisions to avoid? If so, how can I identify such?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Apr 26, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by mshan
With a software DVD player such as PowerDVD4 or Theatertek, does it automatically output 48 kHz without any need to change anything in the control panel?

Yes, the drivers adapt automatically to the different sample rates, and I have had no trouble using the card with PowerDVD.

Quote:

With foobar2K, does it allow kernal streaming?

No, but you don't need kernel streaming, since waveout and ASIO on this card both bypass kmixer.

Quote:

Are the optical and coaxial digital outputs active simultaneously?

Yes. The card automatically outputs to all formats that it has, namely analog, digital internal, coaxial, aes/ebu, and optical.

Quote:

Finally, I've read that there are at least 4 revisions of this card and possibly one with bad capacitors. If I purchased an used RME Digi96/8 PAD, is there a particularly preferred revision or any revisions to avoid? If so, how can I identify such?

The one with the bad caps was made by RME for Steinberg AFAIK, so it doesn't effect the PAD model, nothing for you to worry about there. Other than that, the only difference I've noticed is in the clock modules, whick are black on older ones like mine, some have one black and one silver, and the newer ones have both silver. AFAIK there is not a SQ difference between them. Also the newest Rev, with both silver clocks has a silver PCI shield instead of the black one on the older cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back