Questions about reshell service. Reshell service at South East Asia. Where?
Sep 11, 2016 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

damex

100+ Head-Fier
hello,
   i am using Westone W60.

i am happy with, but there is some quality issues with plastic (all faceplates are cracked) and that 'westone-edition mmcx' sockets for replaceable cable is NUTS!
   i am at Hanoi, Vietnam right now and can go somewhere relatively close to Vietnam to get that reshell work done.

Questions:
   - is it possible to get work done within one visit to the shop? it is hard for me to leave that IEMs for a long time.
   - is there any recommendations about places? I see there is Null Audio at Singapore, but it is impossible to get it done over one visit.
   - i want to keep sound the same. as much as possible. should i go with normal reshell or i should go for custom molds?
   - how sane it is to get another connectors? instead of westone-mmcx - i would like to get normal 2pin connector that is used in most customs.

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 5
lots of hi end headphone shops in Bangkok,a lot closer to Viet Nam than SG.

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 5
sadly UM does not do a reshells.

my westone w60 have factory fault of cracked plastic cover and shell and it is impossible to ship them outside of vietnam to westone company in usa for servicing (westone refuse to do anything without shipping them back).

i am still looking for service that will do a universal fit reshell for them. is there anything that people could recommend?

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 5
  sadly UM does not do a reshells.

Damn, they used to add drivers to SE530s and TF10s.

my westone w60 have factory fault of cracked plastic cover and shell and it is impossible to ship them outside of vietnam to westone company in usa for servicing (westone refuse to do anything without shipping them back).

Just curious, why is that impossible? I mean it can be expensive through FedEx and such, but doesn't your government postal service ship items like this? It doesn't have batteries and such.

Of course if you're thinking the cost is high enough a reshell is more desirable, and UM doesn't, there's an alternative in Manila. I can't find the ad where they listed reshelling services but try to send them a message.
https://www.facebook.com/FlipEars/posts/547941708741067

Users who are viewing this thread

Back