Questions about railsplitter for virtual ground...
Feb 22, 2003 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sTaTIx

100+ Head-Fier
Regarding the TLE2426...

1) I heard that this thing gets imbalanced when your load draws more than 20 mA. Would this imbalance be worse/better/same than the same conditions with a regular resistor dividing scheme?

2) Suppose I'm using two BUF634's and one AD823. The AD823 draws 5.2 mA at idle, and the two buffers draw 3 mA, totalling up to around 8-9 mA. Barring any unforeseen situations, should I be in the safe zone as far as avoiding imbalance with the railsplitter?

Feb 22, 2003 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 2
According to the pdf, 20mA is the rated source/sink current for the TLE2426. You should buffer it if you need to handle more current. A regular resistor divider is a joke compared to the TLE2426. They are not in the same ballpark. Likewise the TLE pales compared to the output of the BUF634.

Your idle current total does not take into consideration current drawn when driving headphones. While you can use the TLE alone, you would be better off buffering it. Also, I would use the buffers in high bias mode as they sound much better that way, batteries be damned. That means 15mA per buffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back