Questions about Maverick Audio D1 (xbox 360 involved)
Jun 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gorgatron

100+ Head-Fier
1). How good of a DAC is this? Currently I am using a hifiman ef2 and I do not need much of an amp as all of my headphones have low impedance. I do not plan on getting any headphones that are difficult to drive. I think I should focus more on a better dac than amp.

2). I know a xbox 360 can connect to this. Does this mean I can use my headphones for audio on the 360? Any possibility of using a microphone as well? The xbox 360 headsets are terrible.

edit with more info: I have a Asus VG236H 120hz monitor, my plan is to use this monitor for my xbox 360, however I would like to use my ad700 + a spare microphone for the xbox 360 if possible. Wondering if this setup is possible with the d1 (d1 will also be for listening with my headphones on the computer)

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 5
1) Like I said in the other thread. The D1 is a pretty good DAC for it's price, and it includes a headphone amp as well.
When you talk about how good is this DAC or that, you also have to include the price into it, unless you state price isn't an object.
However, if price isn't an object, you wouldn't even consider the D1.

I've read through both of the D1 threads, and everyone says it's good for it's price, but of course there's always better.

2) Well OBVIOUSLY you can connect your headphones to it... It IS a Digital to Analog converter...

No you cannot use a mic with the XBOX. This is a Digital to Analog converter. Not a Analog to Digital converter, which is what is needed for the mic.

I'm pretty sure you can connect the D1 to the xbox, then run the mic separately through the controller.

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 5
For a price on a DAC I was thinking no more than $250 max at the moment. Basically what I am asking is two separate scenarios. The first one is just a DAC for music listening on the computer. The second for the xbox 360. The d1 intrigued me as something that may be useful for my issue with my xbox 360.

If I can use my ad700 and zalman mic with this for my 360 to hear in game sound and voice chat then ill be fine with this: Link
Quote:
1) Like I said in the other thread. The D1 is a pretty good DAC for it's price, and it includes a headphone amp as well.
When you talk about how good is this DAC or that, you also have to include the price into it, unless you state price isn't an object.
However, if price isn't an object, you wouldn't even consider the D1.

I've read through both of the D1 threads, and everyone says it's good for it's price, but of course there's always better.

2) Well OBVIOUSLY you can connect your headphones to it... It IS a Digital to Analog converter...

No you cannot use a mic with the XBOX. This is a Digital to Analog converter. Not a Analog to Digital converter, which is what is needed for the mic.

I'm pretty sure you can connect the D1 to the xbox, then run the mic separately through the controller.

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Actually forget the xbox 360 questions for this.

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 5
Haha. 

But yeah, the mic/speaker adapter you linked above will work fine for the xbox.
You'll be connecting the D1 to the computer via USB or one of the SPDIF interfaces anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back