Questions about London
Oct 8, 2004 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Feanor

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody!
I'm thinking about going to london next weekend, and I have two questions 'bout the city:
Is there a store that stocks Emu-0404's somewhere in london?
Can anybody tell me of a cheap hostel?

Oct 8, 2004 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
Hi everybody!
I'm thinking about going to london next weekend, and I have two questions 'bout the city:

The place in London for mass Market computer and audio gear used to be Tottenham Court Road and parts of Oxford street, both are in the west end, there are several computer stores in that area.

http://www.talkingcities.co.uk/londo...lectronics.htm

Cheap is not a word you can normally use in the same sentence as London, but there are some hostels. Try Globetrotter Inns or a google search on cheap hostels london. Good luck

Oct 8, 2004 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 15
I think you can safely expect to spend upwards of 20 GBP a night for a room and the place will be quite seedy. 40-100 GBP will get you something more "palatable".

There is a nice little spot near victoria station...I stayed there for three days and visited buckingham, bombay dreams, hyde park etc. Nice central location...I also went to the tower of london (the tube station is right under the hotel).

Cheers!

Oct 8, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
Hi everybody!

Here's where I ordered from:
http://www.turnkey.co.uk/tkweb/stock...04&context=WEB

They're just down the road from Tottenham Court Road. I would ring them up and ask to reserve one.

Oct 8, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 15
Thank you for the answers, right now I'm slightly in favor of not going, but that might change. To elaborate on the hostels: I know London is an expensive city, and I have no expectations whatsoever of quality living. Basically I want a roof over my head, cause London's supposed to be wet (I'm a student, hey. Need my money for audio junk
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 15
When I lived in London there was a cheap and ok Hostel near South Kensington tube station but I don't know if it is still there or not. Can't even remember the name of it now.

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #9 of 15
LOL, I had to do a double take on this one rising from the ashes! :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #13 of 15
The funny thing is though-

All th replies from 2004 are still valid. I bet if someone resurrects the thread twenty years from now, the advice will still be shopping in Tottenham court Road and looking for hostels in Victoria.

And London will always be bloody expensive.

Feb 3, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #14 of 15
Ha, i wouldn't rate Tottenham Court road much any more, not much of quality to offer unless you know exactly where to look.

As for hostels, just look on the youth hostel association website.

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha, i wouldn't rate Tottenham Court road much any more, not much of quality to offer unless you know exactly where to look.

As for hostels, just look on the youth hostel association website.

So where's the best place to look in London these days?
I used to shop in Musical Images in Covent Garden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back