Questions about Grado HP Signature Headphones
Jul 15, 2001 at 6:21 PM Post #31 of 42
Man, I can't believe the auction ended higher than the last one considering it came with no box, paper or anything.

Anyhow, did you know that Joseph Grado made an special extension cord for the HP-1s? It has the same upgraded reference cable as my HP-1s. I haven't compared the sound of this cable to the regular John Grado extension cord yet.

On the otherhand, I am more interested in the Joe Grado Interconnects. Anyone heard them yet or know where to find one? I might just email grado labs to see if they have any available
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2001 at 7:26 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

having won the RCA Caps and the bonus Velcro strap

Tides, I can attest to how valuable those Velcro straps are.....and how they greatly improve the sound. Jude, in his infinite generosity, included one with my purchase of his HD600s. I never knew that headphones could sound so good. Never mind the fact they are what may be considered one of the finest dynamic headphones around, they came with a Velcro strap dammit!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2001 at 8:17 PM Post #36 of 42
mbriant,

I am actually surprised that there was no sniper bid attempt with 1 min to go . I am sure I was not the only one watching it countdown with the internal battle.. I had nothing to do with the last few bids so dont even try
wink.gif

As I said to Jude in private, I actually do want the HP1. I found someone locally with a *mint condition* Ra-1 ( I already tried it and it is in brand new condition with Everything) His kids bought it for him(67 years old) few monthes ago and he is not into headphones. He asks 200 dollars for it ( and I also will help him to build a PC from scratch)

I dont have the funds to buy a ton of cans and amps, so I like to either buy the best I can afford or not buy any. ( which is why I went with hd600+xcanv2) so I really want that Hp1 ..
frown.gif

I am picking this Ra-1 TOMORROW.... I was hoping that Hp1 auction go my way with my max 690 limit.
frown.gif
So I can use it with the Ra-1. I have no use for the Ra-1 now without the HP1
frown.gif
I have Sennhd600+xcanv2.

You can count my name on the next Hp1 Ebay( or audiogon) auction.

At least this time I actually get a consolation prize.. Hopefully these caps will not make me want to buy AC receptacles...
eek.gif

Tides

Jul 15, 2001 at 11:29 PM Post #38 of 42
KR..

I know what you saying
smily_headphones1.gif
but Grado drones here kept saying how ra-1 is the best match with the better Grado cans. I *LOVE* my xcanv2 with hd600 and have absolutely no plan to even change amp.

I basically want a senn set and a grado set
smily_headphones1.gif
( since Grado does not go well with xcanv2(tube) from what I read) I am pretty much left to find a nice Grado Headphone ( with RA-1 in hand)

I do like the portability of Ra-1 tho. so much lighter than my xcanv2
smily_headphones1.gif

Tides

Jul 16, 2001 at 12:22 AM Post #39 of 42
Hi, Tides, you can actually get the RS-1 to pair with the RA-1 before you can ever put your hands on the HP-1/Hp-2. You can get a brand new RS-1 for about 500, personally I like this combo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2001 at 12:57 AM Post #40 of 42
Joseph~

Yeah I know.... but you know how it goes... if I am spending 500 already, mind as well toss the extra 200 and get HP1 and be done with it. If I go with the RS-1, I will be 500 bucks less and still be itche for that Hp1 whenever I see it.. ( which is a 500+700=1200 equation as to 700 only)

With my HD600 and xcanv2, I am done with the Senn side. Grado left
smily_headphones1.gif

As I have said before, I either buy the best I can afford and be done with it or I dont buy it at all.
( learned from my fish tank hobby)

This is a bottomless hole I tall ya!

Tides

Jul 16, 2001 at 3:35 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

I know what you saying but Grado drones here kept saying how ra-1 is the best match with the better Grado cans. I *LOVE* my xcanv2 with hd600 and have absolutely no plan to even change amp.

I think you miss understood me, or I am misunderstanding you right now
tongue.gif

But, I am not saying to get rid of your beloved X-Cans. I am only saying that your RA-1 will not go to waste if you don't get a pair of Grados right away, since the RA-1 can really make the HD-600 sing. So, you should use both with your HD-600's, for now.
wink.gif

One more thing, please don't let the RA-1 size and the fact that it's battery operated fool you, it's not really a portable amp, you really need to hook it up to a full size player to get the most out of it.

If you want a portable amp, get a Total Airhead.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2001 at 4:30 AM Post #42 of 42
Kr..~

When I said *portable* I mean around the house, different room or on my deck. Not as in portable on the *go*
smily_headphones1.gif

My main listening ( usually when I am on PC) will still be xcanv2+hd600+dcm370 ( since it is all set not far from PC.)

When I am running around the house doing different things, I will just wear a backpack and toss the ra-1 inside along with the cd player lol~! ( with hd600 of course
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I used the Ra1 for couple hours at his place so I know the size and the somewhat bulky wooden box
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for all the advices tho!

Tides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back