questions about ct-570
Jan 8, 2003 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
I'm redoing a review I posted a while back and I am looking for the following information on the panasonic ct-570 because I no longer own the unit. So if you can, please tell me:

-when the model was introduced
-what play modes it has
-does it have an option for a remote
-what the heck was the "train" eq setting for?

Thanks,

Biggie.

Jan 8, 2003 at 6:08 AM Post #2 of 11
1. 2000, I think. Not sure at all.
2. Um.. off the top of my head (it's downstairs and far too lazy to go see)... um... sorry, I don't use the features enough to remember.
3. Yes.
4. "Train" is for literally listening on the train.
wink.gif
It dulls down the treble so it doesn't disturb the fellow passengers. Oh yeah, it also sounds like ****.

Jan 8, 2003 at 8:15 AM Post #3 of 11
Playmodes available are: normal, random, resume (restart at the "beginning" of the song you last heard, not at the exact second), repeat 1 and repeat all

Jan 8, 2003 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 11
Cool, I just need to know when the player was introduced then.
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: also does the screen backlight when plugged in?

Biggie.

Jan 8, 2003 at 9:43 PM Post #5 of 11
No backlight. The non-US version does have a backlit remote, though.

Not sure when it was introduced, either -- mine has a 2000 manufacture stamp. ...

Who knows what the "Mem/Recall" button does?

kerely

Jan 10, 2003 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 11
I had a Panasonic Shockwave a while back, here's how the recall button worked on that:

When the player is on, but not playing (in a stop mode, not paused, stopped, but not off)

press mem/recall, select a track, press it again. It's basically a program feature.

track 2, then 8, then 4, then 9 then 1, then 2 again, or whatever you want.

but i don't know why it has two features (memory and recall)

I never used the feature. It's easier to just scan the tracks using the << >> buttons. Press it again after you program it to see what happens.

Jan 13, 2003 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 11
How does the SL-CT570 do with CD-R and CD-RW discs? I was interested in the (older?) SL-CT470 until I read that it couldn't even play CD-Rs.
frown.gif
Is this true?

Jan 13, 2003 at 7:46 PM Post #8 of 11
My SL-CT570 plays CD-Rs fine. In fact, I have a couple discs that I workout with that live in my gym bag and are consequently dirty, scratched, and even parts of the coating are coming off -- and they still play fine (and they were even Memorex discs to begin with).

kerely

Jan 13, 2003 at 8:58 PM Post #9 of 11
Every player I have ever owned/tried can play cdr's...

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back