Questions about buying recording gear?
Apr 16, 2016 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

insertwordshere

Head-Fier
Hi!
I haven't been on the forum for a year... sorry if i missed out on anything.
I'm going to buy some new gear for recording music. I'll buy a shure motiv mv5 mic. From what i hear, it is a small budget friendly condenser mic with good quality and value. However, as my budget isn't that high (around 275 dollars without a MIDI keyboard), i just want to know can i do fine without a recording interface. the mic is powered by USB, and i am planning to use that to record my amp too. But, will plugging my bass into the asus xonar u5 sound card sound good enough? I might do some digital processing.
Sorry if this isn't in the right category.
Thanks in advance!

p.s. How to choose a mic? :p

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 2
Sorry to say this but Head-fi is mostly based around the opposite end of the listening chain.  I wouldn't personally suggest plugging straight into a computer's sound card, instead, you should get an affordable but proper audio interface which can work as an ADC, if you want to find deals, you can create an account on Massdrop and look under the studio communities section.  Massdrop is well known in the world of head-fi.  If you want you can even start a poll there asking what audio interface is best for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back