Questions about Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
Jun 26, 2008 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WRCinspired

New Head-Fier
Hi I am a new member and I joined after doing some research about headphones, as I am in the market for a new pair. After looking around this site I found a set in my price range the DT 770 PRO, however I had a a few questions about them for people who own those headphones. 1st I read they are closed headset, so that means I shouldn't be able to here anything outside of the headphone and no one should be able to here the music from my headphones correct? I wanted to find out from someone who owned them how good they are in preventing me from hearing external sound. Also I know they are suppose to be headphones that go around your ear's, but do they go around your ear with space left? or is it a bit snug? I read that the cushions are very soft is that true? Any other advice would be appreciated thanks in advance. Thanks for the great website alot of good info
cool.gif

-WRCinspired

Jun 26, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 6
like most closed headphones, they offer isolation from outside noise and they dont leak much noise. so you have that part right. yes they enclose your ear entirely, "with space left" in your words. they also don't get uncomfortable or hot as some closed earphones do. they're one of the best headphones comfort wise.

i would highly suggest using a headphone amp if you do buy them, it tightens up the bass. the main complaints about the dt770 is probably from people who weren't using a proper amp with it, which causes the bass to be loose and flabby.

Jun 27, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 6
^^Also I'd go with the gel pads if you want max comfort and a little more sound isolation. And yes an amp is pretty much required if are using them with a portable source or a computer with a low-end/on-board sound card.

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 6
hmm, i am looking at these for a set of closed headphones for use on the bus and have the same sort of questions as the op. I would be using them straight from a MD player and was wondering if that is your personal opinion, or would anyone be able to describe the same thing?

Jun 27, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by audionewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, i am looking at these for a set of closed headphones for use on the bus and have the same sort of questions as the op. I would be using them straight from a MD player and was wondering if that is your personal opinion, or would anyone be able to describe the same thing?

These suck up way too much power to be used with a portable. Get a cheap Cmoy amp or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back