Question with the HD555
Sep 22, 2007 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

EroThraX

New Head-Fier
I just got the HD485, haven't burned them in yet, but for my taste I think there's just a bit too much bass, and the mids are a bit lacky. (This is my first real headphone) So I'm wondering if the HD555 are any better then this. Do they have a lot less bass, a lot better mids and highs? Better overall sound? Or are all sennheiser products kinda heavy with bass..

Hopefully the mids will get better and bass get lower after burn in, but this is really my first time expirencing any kind of bass on a headphone.

also, what do you guys think of buying headphones used off ebay? Like they'd be already burned in and all (not sure if they'd be clean or not, not to mention some people might have lice *ew*) lol

Sep 22, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 2
I haven't completely burned in my HD555s, but at first they sounded almost too weak in the bass department. After 50 hours of burn in the bass has improved though. It's nice and smooth, not too much thump to it, but when a song is bass heavy they can still deliver. The mids and highs are great, but I haven't heard the HD485s so I can't tell you if they're better. Anything in the HD line 555 and up will generally have high quality mids and highs, and smooth subdued bass, so I'd definitely recommend giving the 555s or 580s a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back