Question to Zune Users: What Headphones Are You Using?
Apr 25, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #16 of 25
Shure E4c and KSC75.

Apr 25, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It isn't set in stone that amplification should ONLY be made on line-out. You're free to amp anything you want. I've read of people amping the sound out of aircraft chairs to reduce hiss for instance. There are even gamers out there amping the sound out of their xbox.

You are correct! I even amp my xbox
blink.gif
. But like the above posters, it makes the sound a whole lot bigger. I think I may have to get an amp after amping my zune through our home theater amp!

Apr 25, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It isn't set in stone that amplification should ONLY be made on line-out. You're free to amp anything you want. I've read of people amping the sound out of aircraft chairs to reduce hiss for instance. There are even gamers out there amping the sound out of their xbox.

I have one of the best sounding DS lite in the world!
580smile.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #21 of 25
KSC75 with my new Zune. This is my first mp3 player and i wasn't really expecting too much with the sound quality considering the comments on mp3 players in general. Man, this thing really does sound great! So far I love it! Just wish it was cheaper, lol.

Apr 27, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #22 of 25
I have UE Super.fi 3 which are my main headphones unamped. They work great and the sound isolation is great. I also have a pair of Grado SR60's which I have used with the Zune unamped. They sound good too, but I bet an amp would help I just have not gotten around to getting one yet.

May 3, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #25 of 25
I was really curious about the Bose buds after reading a couple of threads and, as I was able to get them for $89 out-the-door, thought I'd give them a listen.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the SQ of these buds. They have a full, rich, impactful sound (depending on which size covers you use) with low frequency authority and fairly crystal clear highs. They also provide a decent sense of headstage.

The Bose blow the stock Zune buds away and when I compared them to my Ety ER6's, they (the Ety) sounded rather anemic in comparison. I'm guessing this was probably due to the fact I've been listening to the Bose for about a week now, and only switched and listened to the Ety's for about 30 minutes. Also, I hadn't listened to the ER6 yet on my Zune.

I expected the Ety's to have less bass, but didn't expect the amount to be as significant as it was. My expectations that the Ety's would have a much clearer, airier high end was also not to be. I felt the Bose to equal the Ety's high frenquencies.

I have to caveat this observation by stating that this was in no way in an extensive, concentrated listening session. I was at work and swapped the Bose for the Ety's during my lunch break when I didn't need to be able to hear anything else and as I was reading, you guessed it, Head-Fi.

As for comfort, these get an A+ in my book. The only thing that's felt more comfortable in my ears are my pinkies.

So, anyways, I initially picked these up just to try out and hear for myself what the hoopla was about and figured I'd more likely than not return them, but, I figured wrong. These are definitely keepers.

And from what I've read, they're supposed to improve up until 200 hours or so. We'll see.

Ciao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back