question to Zune owners
Mar 25, 2007 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ttnl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, how long does it take to convert a 700 Mb avi movie to WMV and what programs are you using? Last night it took about more than 2 hrs just to convert a 230 Mb wmv to the wmv supported by Zune and I used Window Media Encoder. I also tried Super and it took approximately the same time and at the end it even gave me error message. This is frustrated. The Zune sound quality is really good, better than ZVM, but the way it converts movie really turns me away. Can you recommend me any better program? Thanks in advance

Mar 25, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 11
yeah, but I don't want to pay for the converter program. Ok, back to my question, usually how long does your converter program take to convert a 700Mb avi movie to wmv movie ? The Window media encoder took me more than 2 hrs to convert a 230 Mb wmv movie to a wmv file that Zune supports. This is rediculous.

Mar 26, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttnl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pretty fast. I think it is AMD 64 about 2 ghz.

It'll take you a few minutes..mine take hours...Athlon Socket A

Mar 27, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #8 of 11
Ok, I have another question about the Zune. After I convert a movie to WMV format, I sync it with the Zune. I notice that the bitrate on the Zune (about 500 kbps) is lower than the file's bitrate on my computer (about 1.1 mbps). The sync process is very quick about 10-15 seconds, so I don't think the Zune convert the file again. Any idea why there is a difference in bitrate? Also how can I achieve the best picture quality on the Zune? Thanks.

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too high a bitrate causes stuttering in the video

It shouldn't, it should just kill the battery life really fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back