Question to Canadian residents (toronto area)
Dec 29, 2004 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

romesaz

100+ Head-Fier
I'm just curious where everyone gets their headphones? Not very likely that its at Bay/Bloor radio, since everything over there is heavily over-priced...
But im curious as to where I can actually audition as well as purchase, within the GTA.
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

ps: if you know of any place that sells Beyerdynamic within the gta, thats a plus
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2004 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 6
National Sound on Queen West east of Bathurst can order grado products at excellent prices. ie: 325's for $299.00 CDN. He might be able to get other manufacturers stuff as well. Applause audio on Queen East, east of Broadview also has great prices. To audition phones go to Bay Bloor, they have lots of phones connected and running at all times, so you're pretty sure that they are well burned in. Prices are so-so. Steve's Music on Queen West east of Bathurst carries Beyer and Akg lines.

Dec 29, 2004 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 6
I got my cans online, since I was frustrated with the brick-and-mortar stores' pricing and availability. I've seen the lineup at Bay Bloor Radio, Kromer near Bathurst & College, Steve's, and I've seen ridiculously overpriced Grado SR-60 in a number of smaller shops. Natural Sound in Kitchener is alright for Sennheiser, and I've heard good things about a place in Hamilton.

Steve's selection was a bit lacking when I checked them last week... low end Audio-Technica, Sony, and AKG, from what I could see. You can probably order the higher-end and Beyerdynamic stuff from them.

Dec 29, 2004 at 5:44 PM Post #5 of 6
Much appreciated guys, and keep the suggestions coming if you have any.

and I take it you could be referring to East Hamilton Radio? They apperently sell a lot of audio equipment, so probably carry some headphones.

Dec 29, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #6 of 6
East Hamilton Radio had a poor selection. I would suggest Bay Bloor for Grado/Sennheiser and Steves Music for AKG/Beyerdynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back