Question to all iHP-100/120/140 owners
Mar 18, 2004 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

finleyville

100+ Head-Fier
Anyway...

So I am starting to get familiar with my newly purchased iHP-120 DAP and have a couple of questions. The documentation is spotty at best, and I cannot figure out how to select some play modes. I have made some playlists with the winamp player and wanted to listen to them shuffled. However, I can't seem to engage the shuffle mode. Also the shuffle mode seems not to work when playing by genre. Please tell me that I am doing something wrong, and that the player has the capabilities to shuffle while in these modes and not just in a folder. I would be extremely upset if this player couldn't do that. Maybe enough to find a different DAP.

On another note, is there a good reason to actually keep my Mp3 collection on my computer's HD and on my iHP-120? Why couldn't I just delete all my HD songs and just use my 120 as a stand alone HD? I could use EAC+LAME to rip/compress directly to my 120. Any thoughts?

Mar 18, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 6
make sure you are upgraded to the latest firmware (1.40 i think) then I'm pretty sure you can shuffle a playlist... after you select the playlist start playing and hold down the A-B button till it shows the shuffle icon. As for genres try selecting "Play All" in the genre then holding down the A-B button till you see the shuffle icon.

Mar 18, 2004 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by finleyville
On another note, is there a good reason to actually keep my Mp3 collection on my computer's HD and on my iHP-120? Why couldn't I just delete all my HD songs and just use my 120 as a stand alone HD? I could use EAC+LAME to rip/compress directly to my 120. Any thoughts?

Yes, the good reason is called a backup. What happens if the drive in the iHP-120 goes south? You could potentially lose all the music stored on it. If you're comfortable with that, go for it. Me, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Mar 19, 2004 at 1:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by AndyH
Yes, the good reason is called a backup. What happens if the drive in the iHP-120 goes south? You could potentially lose all the music stored on it. If you're comfortable with that, go for it. Me, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Gotcha.

By the way, mysticriver.com does have enormous info on the iHP. Thank you for the link.

Mar 19, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #6 of 6
I can verify that this works with my iHP-120 (thanks a lot guys, i was wondering how to shuffle playlists lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back