Question: Sennheiser HD 25-SP II to Sennheiser HD 251 MKII (Basic Edition)
Feb 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Vitamin B Pill

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I recently purchased Sennheiser's HD 25 SP II headphones and they are great, however I don't like the design of them too much and really thinking about upgrading to the HD 251 MK II Basic Edition as I love the design and I've read they are much better, is the sound quality much better with these? And how do they differ from the regular HD 25's? From what I have seen on the internet I can only tell that there is no spare cups and the cord is shorter but are the headphones the same?

Also would it be worth selling the HD 25 SP's to get the HD 251 Basic Editions? They will mainly be for listening at home for lengthy periods.

Thank you.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 11
I haven't heard either but I know there are lots of threads discussing the differences between the two. Perhaps a search will help you. 

Sorry I couldn't help more than that. 

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 11
Hi everyone. Thread update.

Basically I read the forum a lot and have bought the HD-25.

Here is a pic of them next to my SP's:

vsdl46.jpg

They are superior in every way. I think they look great.

I am a noob and can't really describe the sound but it's smoother and higher quality. The grip on your head is much better too.

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #5 of 11
Sorry, for missing your request. But as you experienced by yourself the HD 25-1 II are way better than the SPs.

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #7 of 11
Would you have skipped the BE, you'd have gotten the bag and the velours also.
wink_face.gif

It's quite cold in Germany right now, so I'm very fine with the pleather pads. The velours are better if temperatures are high.
But they change the sound signature slightly, too.

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #8 of 11
hmm, no bag? I have the HD25-1 II adidas originals version. Yes, they cost more, but mine came with a bag and extra velour pads. The bag is really thin nylon, but better than nothing, I guess.

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #9 of 11
The normal HD 25-1 II edition comes with a bag and velour pads, too.
Vitamin B Pill ordered the BE, which means basic edition. This one comes without the bag and extra pads.

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #11 of 11
Definately.
The thing I needed get used to was the extremely high clamping force(in my opinion and felts).
In terms of sound they were a pure joy from the start on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back