Question reguarding itunes
Sep 8, 2007 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

xinoxide

500+ Head-Fier
im thinking about getting the new ipod touch. but i am kind of on that thin red line only because of itunes, when i purchase a song through itunes, what are my file quality limitations?

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #3 of 11
You do not have to go thru the iTunes Store. eMusic works just as well, and most (not all) of their stuff is higher quality. Or you can just rip CDs w/ apple lossless. I use iTunes but never use the store other than to sample stuff.

Sep 9, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You dont need to use itunes - use winamp. You can even pull music OFF the ipod with it.

Is this true? I've never had an ipod, but I thought the only way to manage the music on them was through itunes. If Winamp will work, will other software also work, like wmp?

Sep 18, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #6 of 11
hmm, i do remember the winamp thing, thanks for bringing that back to my attention.

ill be buying the ipod touch soon after my ED9 and amp purchase. and as soon as its available.

Sep 18, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #7 of 11
Bushguy recommended Winamp to me a few weeks ago after noticing that Winamp now has support for the Ipod. I was an Itunes lover; no more. Only thing I do still like about Itunes is the ability to sample new CDs; but then again, can get CDs cheaper from other sources than Itunes

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You dont need to use itunes - use winamp. You can even pull music OFF the ipod with it.

Not completelly true. Apple is on the way, unexplainably, to locking access to the iPod for software other than iTunes (!?):

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/09/14...eengineer.html

This has already been broken by gtkpod developers but I guess (bet) that something else will follow, and will be much worse.

So I wouldn't lean on using anything other than iTunes, crapy as it may be.

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not completelly true. Apple is on the way, unexplainably, to locking access to the iPod for software other than iTunes (!?):

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/09/14...eengineer.html

This has already been broken by gtkpod developers but I guess (bet) that something else will follow, and will be much worse.

So I wouldn't lean on using anything other than iTunes, crapy as it may be.

Very, very interesting. Glad I didn't remove Itunes from my computer. Might have to return to it

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 11
+1 for apple lossless.
+1 for iTunes. the 128 AACs (and the 256s for that matter) kinda suck, but I use it mostly for organizing, downloading podcasts, etc. The album art feature (with cover flow in iTunes) is cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back